Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 silver M6 with 18's and black leather. Got it as a dealer return with 2K miles on it. With tax and license, out the door for 30K. Will be taking it in shortly for window tinting and a moonroof. Now I have to sell my 94 Mustang GT convertible.

Here's a quickie pic, in between major storms in my area.

Regards,

Gary

·
Registered
910 Posts
You should seriously reconsider installing an after market moon roof. It is my experience , being in the automotive field, that unless it's done by the factory you may have some issues regarding fit, finish and leaks. I have seen the after market roof's installed on MANY vehicles. Needless to say I'm not impressed. The roof is also going to reduce your head clearance dramatically. Look at it this way, they have to cut a hole in the roof of your brand new car, fabricate your headliner to fit to the new opening in your roof and then install the mechanism needed to operate the moon roof. IMO.....not a good idea.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all!

About the moonroof: I have also heard of issues regarding them, and have heard of people who are extremely satisfied. I had a Webasto installed in my 90 Talon Tsi AWD about a week after getting it, and was thoroughly satisfied with it. Never a leak, and always worked well.

I appreciate your opinion and honesty, and will continue to do some more research before plunging in.

Regards,

Gary

·
Registered
26 Posts
teamgs said:
2005 silver M6 with 18's and black leather. Got it as a dealer return with 2K miles on it. With tax and license, out the door for 30K. Will be taking it in shortly for window tinting and a moonroof. Now I have to sell my 94 Mustang GT convertible.

Here's a quickie pic, in between major storms in my area.

Regards,

Gary
Congratulations on your purchase! The car looks awesome!

Bossman

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! It was freaking hillarious last night on the way home from the dealership. At least three cars tried to run me in the 3 mile drive home! An SN95 stang, an early 90's TA, and a loud Tahoe or the like. My wife was following behind and later said that she couldn't understand why everyone was trying to race me, as my GTO looks like an economy car to her! :lol:

Regards,

Gary

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice looking goat!! Congrats to you.

You mentioned a dealer return car? what was wrong with the car to be returned? And i hope they got that problem resolved.

I bet your in California.. just a guess<<< I take that back after seeing the leaves gone on the trees. LOL.. just was guessing with you saying something about the bad weather, since CA is getting washed away

Drive safe, Happy New Year

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks!
The car was returned due to some issues with the owner's financing. Not sure on all the details. It wasn't an issue with the car itself. Yup, I live in Elk Grove, CA, just south of Sacramento. The winds are gusting up to 60 MPH I would guess. We have the christmas trees that people have put out for pickup blowing around like tumbleweeds!

BTW, just ordered the CAGS eliminator from PFYC.

Regards,

Gary

·
Registered
87 Posts
teamgs said:
Thanks!
The car was returned due to some issues with the owner's financing. Not sure on all the details. It wasn't an issue with the car itself. Yup, I live in Elk Grove, CA, just south of Sacramento. The winds are gusting up to 60 MPH I would guess. We have the christmas trees that people have put out for pickup blowing around like tumbleweeds!

Regards,

Gary
Well great i'm glad to hear it wasn't returned due to a problem with the car.
WOW you guys are getting some TERRIBLE weather out there!! That was my first guess on location, but then i didn't think your trees would look like ours in Texas this time of the year.. LOL..

Keep safe till the weather clears

Tony

·
Registered
304 Posts
Congrats.......and you got the best color too!!:cheers

JET

·
Registered
63 Posts
teamgs said:
Thanks! It was freaking hillarious last night on the way home from the dealership. At least three cars tried to run me in the 3 mile drive home! An SN95 stang, an early 90's TA, and a loud Tahoe or the like. My wife was following behind and later said that she couldn't understand why everyone was trying to race me, as my GTO looks like an economy car to her! :lol:

Regards,

Gary
I've had a garbage truck and a fedex truck try to race me and I wasn't even driving a sports car when either of those happened. And no, I have no idea why...

·
Registered
356 Posts
I see a lot of newer Mustangs with sunroofs, IMHO they look cheesy because of the curved roof. My Jeep has a sunroof, but because the roof is flat, it's barely noticeable. I know i'll get flamed for this, but T-tops would be cool on your Goat.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Now were twins. For tints I would suggest the Smokey reflective tone if it fits for taste, 100% legal, and very appealing on a silver Goat.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the Familly Bro!!! and Congrats on the purchase:cheers
Man a couple of days ago I was gunna pick up my mom in Napa ,Ca about 10-15 min away from where I live. I was gunna drive my goat but at the last minute I changed my mind and Decided to drive my Denali. man sure enough about 2 minutes out of Napa There's a S!*t load of traffic slowly creeping. When I get to where the CHP is turning everyone around I notice a State trooper I know being an EMT and ask him whats going on He said the Napa River flooded and it was closed to cars, and he said If you want to try it go ahead It's about 1ft deep and maybe more on some parts.So I go and when I reach it a Policeman stops me and says If you want to make it all the way you have to gun it all the way through and sure enough I make it and make it home
Thank God I didnt take the Goat!!!!
Sorry for my Babblin everyone
2 ft. of rain in the North Bay Man o Man

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone! My wifee would probably kill me if I started in with performance mods this soon! I did a lot of stuff to my stang, but I think the GTO will stay relatively stock for a while. Sigh...

I did order the CAGS eliminator, though.

Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.