Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to the dealer today at 2 to pick up my '05 Phantom Black 6-sp. What imperfections should I look for before taking delivery? I know this has been asked before. Don't hammer me for asking again, but I couldn't find anything in the search function.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just check the body and interior for any transportation damage, hope they didn't add a bunch of swirl marks with a buffer and get out there and drive it! :cool

·
Registered
76 Posts
things to look for:

Check the tire preasure before ever driving it off the lot. make sure it is not high (45 - 60 psi) which is what they use for shipping.

you should get 2 keys not just one.

I remember reading something about shipping blocks or foam or something like that in the front suspension springs.

check the wheels carefully for nicks/scratches.

of course check the odometer.. make sure they didn't go joy riding in it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
twolf said:
of course check the odometer.. make sure they didn't go joy riding in it.
Thanks, the cool thing is I signed the deal when it came in with 7 miles on it. I put on another 7 on the test drive, so I'm bringing it home with 14. Outside of the normal mileage getting it out of the factory and onto the ship and to the dealer, I'm the only one that's driven it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
twolf said:
I remember reading something about shipping blocks or foam or something like that in the front suspension springs.

Rubber spring blockers. They're bright red and you'll notice if they're on your car by just looking thru the wheel at the spring.

i use gto spring blockers for drag racing -keeps rear from squatting in my FWD. lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys! At this point, the car looks and feels perfect. I brought it home, gave it a wax, treated the leather, and just sat back and admired it! The car looks so much better in person than how it looks in the magazines and on the internet. I'm glad there aren't many of them around. It seems like nobody knows what it is, but they can't stop staring at it. I can't wait to break it in some and let it all hang out! Only disappointment thus far is the sound system and the flimsy gas filler cap. The shifter needs a good replacement too! We traded our Mercedes C320 on this car. I hate to admit it, but the interior quality on the GTO is kicking the entry level German car's rear end!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Be sure to look under the rear bumper. Make sure the painted bumper hasn't been banged on the car carrier. It can also be warped from a bad injection molding job. Also make sure all the black plastic panels from the rear differential back are secure and in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.