Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picking Up My Goat Tonight (w/pix)

w00t!!


Yellow Jacket w/ 6-Speed, with dealer-installed 18" Momo Tuner Wheels wearing Dunlop SP Sport tires (fender wells rolled to allow for clearance) and SS-style stripes.

Oh, yeah, baby. Gonna be a fun drive to work tomorrow!




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
That is bad ass! I like the deep lip on them rims! I am usually not a fan of racing stripes but I think it goes with the car well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2tirefire said:
That is bad ass! I like the deep lip on them rims! I am usually not a fan of racing stripes but I think it goes with the car well!
:D

Yeah, my first impulse was to just take the stripes off but They grew on me pretty quickly...

And those black portions on the rims are removable...thinking of having them powder-coated body color...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Groucho said:
... Oh, yeah, baby. Gonna be a fun drive to work tomorrow!
Bring your Escort with you then. I swear, I have NEVER seen so many patrol cars around until I got my GTO - but who paid any attention to such in a Blazer? I haven't given them anything to pull me over for (but not for lack of trying!)

When my plates came in, the first thing the sales manager asked me was if I'd gotten a ticket yet. They sold 4 GTOs, all the others had *at least* one ticket!

Everybody else running a radar detector?

---Larry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
dude, thats awsome!! I have a pontiac dealership here and i saw a yellow gto with those black stipes as well, very cool. Was that an option or did they just add them? Can they do black stripes to a red one too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
franknbeans said:
dude, thats awsome!! I have a pontiac dealership here and i saw a yellow gto with those black stipes as well, very cool. Was that an option or did they just add them? Can they do black stripes to a red one too?
What's up Frank :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LarryM said:
Bring your Escort with you then. I swear, I have NEVER seen so many patrol cars around until I got my GTO - but who paid any attention to such in a Blazer? I haven't given them anything to pull me over for (but not for lack of trying!)

When my plates came in, the first thing the sales manager asked me was if I'd gotten a ticket yet. They sold 4 GTOs, all the others had *at least* one ticket!

Everybody else running a radar detector?
No radar detector-- yet. I would like to get a Valentine One, however.

I'm transitioning from my BMW 323i so I am intimately familiar with where it's safe to speed. My commute is 75 miles each way over a mountain highway-- much of it divided by a concrete barrier (READ: radar-proof)-- and you can really scoot up & down those sections. I have received 1 ticket in my Bimmer but I was able to beat it via Stupid Paperwork Tricks. :cool



franknbeans said:
dude, thats awsome!! I have a pontiac dealership here and i saw a yellow gto with those black stipes as well, very cool. Was that an option or did they just add them? Can they do black stripes to a red one too?
Thanks!

My saleman is a tuner guy, so he had this particular one striped and the wheels mounted. I don't think it's a regular factory option though, no.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
I gotta admit this looks pretty sweet. i am not a big fan of the color yellow, but the SS racing stripes make the car look wicked. For myself, i would have gone with the white exterior with black or blue racing stripes. Overall, nice ride. :cheers
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top