Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
LS2FAST said:
OK I am torn, I think I like it without the wing.... (click on the pic for a larger view)

Leave the wing off during the week, and put it on, on the wekends.

Personally I like the SAP wing. Not crazy about the stock wing.

I'd leave it on though. back end side shot, it looks like a Honda.

·
Registered
4 Posts
GTO judge said:
Leave the wing off during the week, and put it on, on the wekends.

Personally I like the SAP wing. Not crazy about the stock wing.

I'd leave it on though. back end side shot, it looks like a Honda.
Hondas have wings ;)

I probably would leave the spoiler on. But the side profile with it off is pretty nice looking.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I never liked the side view wingless.

I think on the '04 u can ( not that i would ) get away with a wingless goat (at least more so than an '05). With the '05 the wing compliments the raised hood....and also in the back the big plastic 'GTO' fascia and the pipes...I just don't think that it looks well without the wing especially compared to the '04 set up (both front and back).

HOWEVER, that's my opinion. To me some cars need a wing/spoiler while some look good or better without one. IMO I need a wing on this goat. Just like my Camaro, that tiny little wing makes a killer difference, but without it.... :eek:

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Keep the wing off. The car looks a lot more sophisticated, less Pontiac and more upscale.

If I could justify the expense, I'd have mine removed and the holes professionally filled and paint the deck lid.

Maybe someday.....

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am wingless and like it a lot. I bought Hole Plugs at Home Depot, primed them, painted them metalic black and pushed them into the holes. No one seems to notice them or if they do I think they think the plugs belong there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will put plugs in temporailly, I will be getting body shop quotes this week to fill and paint. I just want it to look factory.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
I still see some leftover "Pontiacness" on the side of your car !
:lol: :lol:
Any luck finding the emblem?
:lol:

Smart ass.

I may go for side marker lamps when I have the time to source 'em and figure out how to wire them. Think is-- we're still stuck with the nasty twin-kidney and rasied mount for the red wedgie on the nose! I ain't dropping at least $1k for a painted clip, either! :D

I forgot about looking for that airbag emblem. I'm sure I have it, though. Will do so tonight....sorry about that!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.