Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The show was not as bad as said its just small compared to Miami's show which is one of the biggest in the country. I tried to get the best pics I could of the camaro so here you go. My opinion is this thing is freakin incredible looking and will challenge the mustang and challenger if built. The car has sweet lines and aggressive look in a retro twist. I am not saying I wish I did not just purchase my 05 because this is a different type car and should not be compared to our GTO's.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I don't know why some folks hate the interior.. I love the way it looks:D
I hope they keep the production interior as close to the show car as possible. However it's GM... It'll be bland and plasticy by the time the bean counters have their way with it.:mad:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wow, very nice pics.

Meet the new bad boy on the block! :cheers (I just hope the actual production vehicle will look at least very similar to what is showcased)

·
Registered
439 Posts
the interior is pretty much a dead ringer for the 1st gens. Just as spiffy and just as useless. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that will not be the final interior. However the huge tach and speedo may remain, which would be great.

·
Registered
432 Posts
That is so sweet!!!!!!!!! I decided not to mod my GTO, and just wait for the Camaro. Those rims would look great on the GTO though. :party:

·
Registered
491 Posts
The more I look at it, the less I like it. Maybe I'll like the production version better than my GTO, but not now. I like my GTO a lot, but for retro the Challenger is the best so far, imo.

·
Registered
584 Posts
WOW!!!
nice Interior, the GOATs is nicer
I'm gettin one It'll be nice to have a Camaro Again after having a 69 Z28 for a week and selling it for alot more $$$ than what I got for it

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hmmm....maybe I'm showing my age but this car is way too gaudy for me.

I think it looks pretty cool but I would never buy one. It's just way too "busy" for me.

Gimme clean, simple, and beautiful lines anyday.

It does look muscular to me. But, I like cars that remind me of women: sexy, understated and clean. That looks to me like the batmobile.

I like a more subtle beauty I guess.

·
Registered
255 Posts
:agree The thing looks too much like a "Hot Wheels" wanna be. IMO, the wheels are way too big. I'll take my Goat anyday...

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Thanks for the wonderful and extensive pics. Happy to see GM thinking about more RWD V8s -- but I'm not too thrilled with the design of this car. All GM had to do was create an updated version of the 1969 Camaro. This thing is sort of like a Camaro -- and sort of like a Trans Am.

Why is it so hard for GM to design a simple, clean looking car with a powerful drivetrain and great handling. We got it with the GTO -- but everything GMNA designs looks like it's aimed for 15 year olds.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Groucho - great post

Now onto the topic at hand. I also find the new Camaro a bit over the top - especially the interior. Probably my age showing also - 51 on saturday.

That being said - at least GM is trying to do something - so for that alone I give them props. :cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts