Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is there someone out there with a 69 GTO that could take a couple pics under the hood, specifically the firewall. The service manual I have has garbage faded drawings, and I need to know what goes on the firewall before I put my engine in. Any help in the area would be appreciated.

Bigalsworth

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
The only thing I can think of you need to have in there would be the heater box. Anything else can be installed after the engine. The heater box can too but it would just be easier with the engine out. All that is on the firewall is the MC, the horn relay, heater box and the connector for the wiring harness unless you have an A/C car.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
The only thing I can think of you need to have in there would be the heater box. Anything else can be installed after the engine. The heater box can too but it would just be easier with the engine out. All that is on the firewall is the MC, the horn relay, heater box and the connector for the wiring harness unless you have an A/C car.
:agree I have a 69, and everything can be installed with the engine in, with the possible exception of the heater or heater-A/C box.

Bear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts