Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks - still falling in love with my new Goat, especially as It is getting kind of nice out. Went away for a couple weeks but right before I did I had to drive her in the snow for the first time. Now I have had some powerful rear wheel drive cars in the past and was a lawman so learned how to do it in the snow. The rear end of my Goat was a circus driving up hill in snow. Short - the factory tires ain't making it - and that ain't just in snow. From a quick jump-off these things don't stick to the road on some types of pavement even when dry. I had some 17" michelin pilots on my old car (01 Lincoln LS) - I loved them - rain and snow.. Do you think these would work on the Goat, guys and gals? It is literally a thousand dollar question. - Tommy D

·
Registered
202 Posts
TommyD said:
Hi Folks - still falling in love with my new Goat, especially as It is getting kind of nice out. Went away for a couple weeks but right before I did I had to drive her in the snow for the first time. Now I have had some powerful rear wheel drive cars in the past and was a lawman so learned how to do it in the snow. The rear end of my Goat was a circus driving up hill in snow. Short - the factory tires ain't making it - and that ain't just in snow. From a quick jump-off these things don't stick to the road on some types of pavement even when dry. I had some 17" michelin pilots on my old car (01 Lincoln LS) - I loved them - rain and snow.. Do you think these would work on the Goat, guys and gals? It is literally a thousand dollar question. - Tommy D
Get yourself a set of P-Zero Nero's, you will never look back!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
You need 2 sets of tires. You can for pretty close to the price of the Pilots get Goodyear Eagle F1 GS- D3's. You will be amazed at them in the dry and you won't beleive the wet handling. Then get a set of snow tires and you'll be sold on them anytime the snow flies. This set up will cost you about 200 more than the pilots, but in the long run you'll go better in the snow and handle and lauch better in the wet or dry.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Michelin's are the best there is, but you pay for em! I have PS2's on mine, and couldn't be happier. Check your local Costco as that's the brand they feature, that's where I got mine and they were the cheapest around (even less the tirerack.com) Their complimentary roadhazard saved me $322 this week on A replacement.

G

·
I wonder also if perhaps the suspension on the Lincoln helped the car to feel more stable, after all, that car's chassis was the basis for the new Stang, which is the most driveable Mustang yet as far as winter conditions go.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Shea said:
I wonder also if perhaps the suspension on the Lincoln helped the car to feel more stable, after all, that car's chassis was the basis for the new Stang, which is the most driveable Mustang yet as far as winter conditions go.
Shameless how you worked in your Mustang yet again, but that's apparently why you're here! :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
Michelin's are the best there is, but you pay for em! I have PS2's on mine, and couldn't be happier. Check your local Costco as that's the brand they feature, that's where I got mine and they were the cheapest around (even less the tirerack.com) Their complimentary roadhazard saved me $322 this week on A replacement.
How much did you get them for and what size?

·
Registered
202 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
245/35-19's for $312 each.
My nuts hurt reading that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.