Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
I like it, it helps break up the fender to hood. Ever think about putting a thinner pinstripe directly below that one with a small gap in between? That might look good too.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Randy,
Usually I don't like the stripe on the 66-67. I think it makes them look kind of boxy, but your color combination doesn't do that at all! It looks great!
Linda
PS keep the stripe....

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
You did a great job. I'll be the odd man out here and say that I liked the GTO better without. Considering though, its a beautiful car so the pin stripe doesn't have that much pull either way to change that.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Randy,

I like the look. As most have said, it really adds depth to that cream color. If the car was red or black, I probably would have not done the pin stripping.

Bill

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I had a pinstripe painted on the 66 yesterday, I am undecided if I like it or not. What do you guys think?
Randy, I like your pinstripe because it breaks up the light color paint. Not sure I like the pinstripe on darker colors (my red '67 has no pinstripe), but on your color scheme it looks great. My vote is to keep it. Great restoration. With all the photos you have posted as the restoration progressed, I feel as if I've seen this car get restored from the ground up. Regards, Paul.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Randy, The car looks great. My Montreaux Blue 67 has a double, white pinstripe. I like it. I think the stripe on your car looks real good. The stripe accents the body line,shortens the length, adds to the coke bottle waist,and makes the body look stronger.... I would leave it. Eric:cheers

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had a pinstripe painted on the 66 yesterday, I am undecided if I like it or not. What do you guys think?
I think color has a lot to do with how pin stripes look. The pin stripes on the white looks very nice. I don't know if I would put them on a red Goat, but the white, definetly.

Dale

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I met a guy who had a booth set up at the Goodguys Car show. He charged me $90 and after watching him I think I could do the next strip job.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
He used 1/2" masking tape as a guide and free handed the actual pinstripe. I read in one of the body manuals the top of the pinstripe is 5/16" below the lower crease.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts