Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier today, I picked up my 68 dash bezel, glove box door and right side escutcheon panel from Vacuum Orna-Metal in Romulus, Michigan.

They did a great job, including a couple of crack repairs.

Their process includes a double layer of (automotive grade) metal coating (this is the same process that was used for most automotive plastic "chrome" parts beginning in the 60's), painted the gauge pods and grained surface with the correct color paints, painted the lower part of the glove box door, all for under $370. Would have been a little less if the parts didn't need any repair work. In the pics, the paint in the grained areas looks black, but it is the correct green color.

Their primary business is floral arrangement pots and similar items, but they do a lot of auto and motorcycle custom work.

I highly recommend these guys! Talk to Frank Chester.

Vacuum Orna-Metal
11380 Harrison
Romulus, MI 48174
Toll Free 1-800-827-6762
Local 734-941-9100
FAX 1-734-941-1127

Welcome to Vacuum Orna-Metal | Vacuum Orna-Metal

Vacuum Metalizing | Vacuum Orna-Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
68GTO4004Spd: Yes, they appear to be black in the pictures, but they are the correct green color, as stated in my original post.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Those look great and I'm actively looking for someone to rechrome my '68 dash.

Has anyone had any experience or heard anything about Peformance Restorations in Keller, TX? They sure look like they know GTO's!

GTODASH.COM

I mean, their website name says it all! Right?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had Darrel do my last 68 cluster.
The work from Vacuum Orna Metal was better and they got it back to me in 2 weeks instead of 4+ months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts