Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get flammed let me just say, I'm new to RWD so bear with me. When in gear I can move the stick side to side and front to back, only maybe an inch but it's annoying me. Also It sometimes takes a couple of tries to get it into gear. Is it a quick fix? Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
If its a stock shifter that pretty normal for some movement. It kinda sounds like you have some exsessive movement. Is it in gear and clutch engaged? Aftermarket shifter will take care of the sloppyness. For the shifting problem I would do a clutch bleed and tranny fluid change.

·
Registered
621 Posts
No one on this site is big on flamming if the question or remark is even remotely reasonable. It's more about GTOs than about being a wisea**.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the help guys. I doesn't grind at all so I don't think its the clutch, its almost as if I sometimes have to find the sweet spot. I'm ordering an LSS so hopefully that fixes it.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I appreciate the help guys. I doesn't grind at all so I don't think its the clutch, its almost as if I sometimes have to find the sweet spot. I'm ordering an LSS so hopefully that fixes it.
Don't worry bout being flamed, we frown on that here. My stock shifter never shifted smooth. Always felt like a very slight obstruction when shifting gears almost like it would glide against something. I heard how great the rip shifter was but felt mine is fine then I decided to bite the bullet and get one.
What a difference, just comparing the 2 side by side before installation, you could see the quality of the GMM was far superior.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
GMM street is on my birthday list lol

^^^great choice, i love mine.
have you tried any other shifters out? Just courious because its like $200 more. So far I'm seen in person a Hurst and a modified Mustang Termi shifter in a GTO.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Just the Gmm. Picked the Billet for shorter height/throws, not as notchy feeling, straighter shot into third, and didn't have the "hump" felling in the middle of a shift. Say your doing a 1-2 shift, it would feel like the shifter was low in first, rise in the middle of the shift, then lower once in second. Didn't like that at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts