Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Normally I don't post kills even though I've had a few ranging from Braubus badged Benz's to Porsche Carreras.

Well myself and gm4life were driving to my tuner on Sunday when a very nice looking C6 pulls onto the freeway right in front of us. I was like cool I may finally get a chance to run a C6. When I saw his after market exhaust tips I said to myself, "If that thing is heavily modded I'm gonna get killed". So I downshift to 4th hoping he would bite and he did. He hit it first and I slammed it and started pulling on him pretty quickly. By the time I got to his door my overspeed chime starting telling my testosterone flexxing butt that I needed to slow down a bit. Yeah whatever! My ego was more important than that stupid little chime. :D By the time I let off, due to traffic ahead, I was about 2 car lengths ahead and still pulling away pretty easily. When I slowed down the guy in the Vette (looked like he was in his early 50s) caught up and gave me a big sh!t eating smile and a thumbs up as he was looking at my ride. I returned the favor and slowed back down as I tried to control that damn shaking in my right leg (if you've raced, you know what I'm talking about). Now mind you I am by no means stock. Before that run I was at 513/501 to the wheels with leaking intake gaskets. After I fixed the gaskets I had no idea what the power output was but I know that the car was running a bit richer.

Anyway, I though I'd share that with you guys.

Oh by the way, after the tuning I'm at 516/500 to the wheels with less timing than the previous power output, constant 8 psi of boost at wide open throttle and the A/F ratio is at 11.8:1 with absolutely no knock retard throughout the entire rpm range. It's a very safe tune so I'm very pleased to know that I have more on the table if I start to feeling underpowered. :D

Have fun! :cheers

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Sweet kill - very sweet. Got to respect the Goat. Yes, I am very familiar with the post race-speed shakes. I also get the sweating hands, but not for too long...:cheers

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nice!

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the compliments everyone. :cheers I can honestly say that I am very pleased with the car after a few dumb mistakes, quite a bit of downtime and a whole lot of money (I stop counting after 15K :eek:). Hopefully I will fart out the mod bug for the ride because I really need to start modding the house. But damn is that hard especially when you're a bachelor and no one is nagging the hell out of you to fix the house up! :D

For those of you who don't know what mods I have here they are;
Magnuson 112 supercharger w/2.6" pulley
LPE CAI
MSD wires
NGK TR6 plugs
Walbro 255 fuel pump
LPE GT2-3 cam w/springs and push rods
Mahle forged pistons (10.4:1 CR, just in case I want to up the boost)
Manley H-beam forged rods (same reason as forged pistons)
JBA ceramic shorty headers
JBA mids w/high flow cats
MagnaFlow catback w/x-pipe
Textralia EXOSKEL twin disc clutch
Spec 3 clutch for when the Tex gives up
Stainless steel braided clutch line
Stainless steel braided remote clutch bleed line due to stupidity :eek:
GMM ripshifter
Pedder's rear drag springs (0 drop)
BMR drag bags
Elite Engineering catch can
Speed Inc. oil breather
19" TSW Thruxton wheels
BFG KDW 2 tires (235/35 fronts & 275/30 rears)...
... and MagnaFlow stickers on the side windows and hood ;)

I think that's it... for now! :cool

EDIT 2/14/08: I just added a GM crank pin kit. I went to put on a new a/c belt and noticed that the belt was in the grooves of the pulleys but it was crooked. I reached into the harmonic balancer/crank pulley to see if the crank bolt had loosened up due to the added belt stress from the Maggie and guess what? I was able to remove the crank bolt without a wrench and socket. The first thing I thought was... damn, why didn't I do this mod when the engine was out? What an idiot? Well it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was done installing the 2 dowel pins in 1.5 hours. Man I'm glad the harmonic balancer/crank pulley didn't come off when I was racing that Vette or while the car was getting hammered on the dyno. I guess that saying is true... God occasionally finds time to protect the stupid.:eek:

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Great kill!!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
For those of you who don't know what mods I have here they are;
Magnuson 112 supercharger w/2.6" pulley
LPE CAI
MSD wires
NGK TR6 plugs
Walbro 255 fuel pump
LPE GT2-3 cam w/springs and push rods
Mahle forged pistons (10.4:1 CR, just in case I want to up the boost)
Manley H-beam forged rods (same reason as forged pistons)
JBA ceramic shorty headers
JBA mids w/high flow cats
MagnaFlow catback w/x-pipe
Textralia EXOSKEL twin disc clutch
Spec 3 clutch for when the Tex gives up
Stainless steel braided clutch line
Stainless steel braided remote clutch bleed line due to stupidity :eek:
GMM ripshifter
Pedder's rear drag springs (0 drop)
BMR drag bags
Elite Engineering catch can
Speed Inc. oil breather
19" TSW Thruxton wheels
BFG KDW 2 tires (235/35 fronts & 275/30 rears)...
... and MagnaFlow stickers on the side windows and hood ;)

I think that's it... for now! :cool
Hmmm, that's quite the list.......... :eek:

Before my goat's untimely demise, I was flirting with the idea of going with a 122 Maggie. Oh well...........

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm, that's quite the list.......... :eek:

Before my goat's untimely demise, I was flirting with the idea of going with a 122 Maggie. Oh well...........
I just editted my post (#7) for another mod. This mod is based on the "a few dumb mistakes" statement I spoke of.

The 122 upgrade will be this next mod I decide to do. I can due the upgrade/swap for $1250. $1750 if I do the 1 to 1 rear pulley swap. That is a crazy deal. I've read that the 122 upgrade is estimated to give 50 to 75 rwhp more over the 112. I think I'm gonna be a good boy for now and chill. Must... fight... the... temptation!

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fight it fight..... wait a min..... you dont have a wife. *&%K it go for it. :rofl:
Yo G, when are you going to pull the trigger on a Maggie. If you bring the goat to Cali, I'll help you install it free of charge. :cheers Load the wife and baby up and come on out for a week or two. Hey you can save on shipping cost too because we can roll to Magnuson and pick it up. They're only a 1.5 hours away depending on traffic. Or you can send me around trip plane ticket and I can come there and hook it up. How is that for temptation? :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts