Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at the light with no intention of racing anyone, an infiniti coupe pulls up i couldnt make out model but must have been G35/37,,anyways he hops in front of me so im like whatever go ahead bud,,but then at the next llight i need to hop in front of him to get on freeway,,so i mash on it trying to be careful not to spin,,long story short we go up the bridge "nearly" full throttle,,then as it straightens i punch it til about 90,,,,the sad thing is for the most part he kept up with me and was about 40-50 ft behind me consistently,,i feel retarded cause i thought i would smoke em,,at the same time i could see my car pullin slowly on him as my speed increased,,,how fast are these cars???

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The G37 is a mid to high 13 sec. car in the 1/4 mile. Turbo versions run mid 12s. G35s are a little slower but not much. Don't feel 'retarded' (watch that word...Sarah Palin doesn't like it!) stock vs stock, a GTO should outrun any stock non turbo G35/G37 but not by much. A 370Z, however, is fast enough to pretty much make it a drivers race.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
From a dig you should smoke 'em, if you hook. They don't have the torque that the LS2 has. Their top end numbers aren't quite as high either. They probably have a weight advantage though.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
From a dig you should smoke 'em, if you hook. They don't have the torque that the LS2 has. Their top end numbers aren't quite as high either. They probably have a weight advantage though.
Actually, that's where the VQ engines are strongest, from a dig. You're right about the top end though. Beyond a 1/4 mile you should smoke them but they'll hang with you pretty well until then.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i hope it wasnt the turbo one,, then that means he wasnt gunnin it when he was behind me toying with me!!!! but for the most part i was impressed by that little car,,i could tell i could beat him in a long shot but for that short time he was competitive and it shook me a bit

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I wasn't aware that they offered a turbo'd version.
You know, after I posted that, I realized that my buddys 2008 G37 turbo was a build not a factory setup. Incredibly fast and his is a single turbo. There are actually twin turbo kits available for them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts