Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 GTO convertible and am new to the hobby. I was hoping the forums had a beginner section, but no such luck. I have several basic questions and hope you guys don't not mind answering them. And if you have any good sources for beginner information, I would love to hear them.

The good news is my goat is in good operating shape after having a shop work on the mechanicals. I'm starting on cosmetic issues myself, especially with the interior. So here are some questions.

1. I'm trying to get my rear electric windows to operate better. The tracks are full of dried out grease and gunk. What do I use to clean this gunk out? I've got some brake cleaner. Is this okay to use? Is there a good way to get to the window mechanisms without taking off the rear quarter panel? I took off the interior panel but there is very limited access to the window mechanism this way. Can I take the motor out by removing the bolts I have access to, and if I do Will I be able to put it back in?

2. I would like to freshen up to he interior vinyl. The original interior was blue, and it is blue now. But there are some scratches that show black underneath. Is this a replacement panel subsequently painted blue, or did Pontiac start with black vinyl and then ain't it to match whatever color the customer ordered?

3. Can I paint over the old vinyl? If so, any sources or vinyl paint that will color match the original blue?

Thanks.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hello and Welcome

I am not much of a typer

I would discuss the issues you have with the power windows
as I have tinkered and sold several refurbished sets

also I am familiar with vinyl repair and refreshening

Scott
2o6 465 9165

Lacey Washington