Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im back lol the guy you always yell at for typing everything wrong btu i have a serious ? i just got arh am longtube headers on my car and a cam which i cant remember what kinda right now ok so my question is what kind of power gains should i expect? i havent gotten my car back yet and i dont wanna get all excited if its not gonna be that good

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha you are right didnt really think about that ill fill you guys in 2morrow when i get my car back but what about the headers what you think ill get from them?

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
What year is your GTO? What other mods do you have? And the most important question is, how good is your tuner? Not knowing what cam you have or what the other mods you have, with the headers along you can gain between 20 to 30 rwhp and similar torque if you have a good tuner. A decent cam can get you another 20 to 30 rwhp maybe even more depending how it accepts your supporting mods. I think long tubes are a must with a cam especially if you have a lot of lift/duration on the exhaust side. I'll go out on a limb and say you'll see an additional 45rwhp/45rwtq on the low end. What are your baseline numbers?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Who is installing your long tubes and cam and do they have a Dyno?
In order to get the maximum out of the above-mentioned modifications you should get a professional Dyno tune to sink up all your Mods. and get the HP & Torque numbers...

Most likely if you don’t get it tuned you will see the “check engine” light come on due to the 0S2 censors.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok theres a place around me called berellis im pretty sure i spelled it wrong haha but the guy is insane real good tuner hes done a couple of my buddys cars and he just gets every amount of power out of it. ohyea and my other mods are intake, exhaust wit no cats, fast intake manifold and diablo tune

1 - 7 of 7 Posts