Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some pictures from POCI 2011

Well I'm back from the 2011 POCI convention in Bowling Green KY. Here's some of my pictures. It was a very good show. I'm guessing at least 450 Pontiacs were there. Friday had some rain off and on, but Saturday at Beech bend was nice and sunny, but hot. Lots of GTOs, Grand Prixs, Bonnevilles, 2 plus 2s, 421 super duty cars and much more. Points judging were for the high end restored cars and popular voting for others. The Road Warriors you see in one of the shots are drivers, most of which were driven from their home towns far away. The drag racing took place at Beech bend too. Some of my favorites were the '57 Bonneville convert, a very rare '59 Catalina pickup, all the super dutys and I picked this beautiful '64 GTO convertible you see in the last shot as best of show. Having gone through a restoration on my car, I can appreciate this one. I couldn't see anything wrong with it. Flawless with new paint and no pitting anywhere. Correct interior, engine bay. Even the tail panel, which is not reproduced, was in perfect condition. Overall a great show.
A.JPG

D.JPG

F.JPG

K.JPG

N.JPG

·
Registered
686 Posts
That is funny match up on the track. My 66 gto was born gold with a black top and I have a 84 grand prix. Nice looking cars. Wish I would of had time to head down there. Just under 4 hour drive. 62 Catalina's are some nice looking cars. I love 60's firebirds too. Looked like a great time down there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts