Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 400 Turbo Trans that I?m not positive what car it came from. The ID tag reads PB-66-126803. I?ve done some research on it and I think it came out of a 1966 GTO, 389 car. Not positive though. Can anyone confirm that?
Also, I don?t know if it is in working condition or not but it probably needs rebuild. Any one know what a fair price is for a transmission like this? I don?t need it, but I want to advertise it correctly and get it to someone who does. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Pontiac did not offer a Turbo 400 transmission in the GTO until the '67 model. What you have is a longtail Turbo 400 out of a '66 Pontiac B series (StarChief, Catalina, Ventura, Bonneville). Longtail BOP case Turbo 400's seldom bring much money as rebuildable cores. Pre '72 longtail T-400's did originally have the better sprag in them. There may be some marketability, locally. I wouldnt expect more than $75-100. If the T400 was say a '67 PQ, just as a core, I'd expect $800 plus, as it is a highly desirable performance restoration piece.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pinion Head,
Thank you very much for the information. That is exactly what I needed to know. I can?t help but wish the tranny was a PQ 67 like you mentioned, but a guy gave it to me for helping him move so I can?t complain. Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts