Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the Editors had their Harley serviced at our dealership a few days ago and was asked WHY there were no atricles in the latest issue of Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine. He stated that Pontiac "purists" feel our cars are IMPORTS therefore........... no magazine, if any, coverage on them.

Imports? :confused

·
Registered
124 Posts
They cover Grand Prixs don't they and they are made in Canada now. Isn't that an import as well?

·
Registered
62 Posts
If this is true !?, then they should call it the "Pontiac Eliteist Magazine"...Obviously they are not "Pontiac" enthusiasts....The statement of "IMPORTS", is really a poor excuse...These "purist" types amaze me. :mad:
Well they just limited their magazines reader base and sales !!

G

·
GTODEALER said:
:mad: Two words.... f*ck 'em, that's the biggest bunch of sh*t I've ever heard! I know these cars are imports but the damn things have "Pontiac" on them they should cover them...... :mad:
damn steve you have such a poddy mouth :eek:

ya that is bs we are not imports,imports are ricers :rolleyes: people with 4 poppers with weedwacker mufflers on there cars :rolleyes:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I subscribe to that mag, there is always something on the new goat in there. That is where I heard of my header company, for the first time. Last issue they did an article on the fastest goat. The car runs pro street, with a twin turbo setup.The things a beast, it was running low 7s. They were shooting for high 6s.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
GGTTOO said:
They cover Grand Prixs don't they and they are made in Canada now. Isn't that an import as well?
:agree

Here is the mags intro from their website;

Pontiac Enthusiast covers the cars built by GM's "Excitement Division," from the classic GTO and Super Duty Catalinas of the musclecar era to the sizzling Trans Am and exciting supercharged Grand Prix GTP of today.
Every issue of Pontiac Enthusiast is packed with expanded coverage of Pontiac shows, events and races from across the US, as well as in-depth technical articles, informative how-tos and dynamic color photography of Pontiac's greatest cars.
Also, The forth generation Firebird was produced and imported from St. Therese, Quebec from 93 until the plant closed in 2001. Maybe they should update their intro to include the new GTO!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have always found something on the new GTO's in their magazine. I subscribed about 2 years ago and usually can't wait to see the next edition.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pontiac Enthusiast Reponse

This was on another site to the supposed statement by an editior about how they don't like the new GTO's. I think this sets the record straight.

Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine and GTOs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm the editor of Pontiac Enthusiast magazine and it has come to my attention that several posts have contained misleading, inaccurate and just plain wrong information regarding our magazine's focus and coverage of 2004-06 GTOs. I've read a few of them and, frankly, was flabbergasted at what was not only inaccurate, but what also seemed to the deliberate placement of misinformation.

Among the rumors is that Pontiac Enthusiast sees the GTO as an "import" and therefore refuses to cover it. I don't know where that lie started, but it's not true and we've never said anything of the sort. There was also a post by a member who said "one of the editors brought in his Harley to have it serviced at our dealership and said Pontiac Enthusiast doesn't cover new GTOs because it doesn't fit our vintage car focus" -- or something to that affect. That was crap, too, because I can tell you our staff is microscopically small and none of us owns a Harley. So, there ain't no way we wandered into a Harley dealership to have it serviced and then started blathering about the the editorial direction of the magazine. It didn't happen.

Since becoming editor a couple of years ago, I have made the new GTOs one of the primary points of interest for the magazine. Yes, the magazine covers a wide range of topics and a large portion of our audience is interested in the classic GTOs, Trans Ams, etc. BUT! As a late-model performance fan, I have tried to include at least one or two new-GTO stories in each issue. And that will continue as long as I'm the editor. By the way, there is a Corsa exhaust installation story coming in our next issue.

The truth is we have to balance the coverage we give to all the topics of interest to our readers: vintage car, racing, restoration, late-models and even the niche enthusiasts, such as Fiero, full-size cars, etc. We have featured the GTO and will continue to do so. Our Mar '06 will have a large GTO content, including a strong, new-GTO cover theme -- including some great modified cars and tech stories.

The bottom line is this: the new GTO will continue to share the page of our magazine. Those who have tried to say otherwise are either misinformed, deliberately trying to mislead members of this board or simply don't know what they're talking about. Thanks.

Barry Kluczyk,

·
Registered
222 Posts
Glad to read the Editor of PE has a grounded view of all Pontiacs including the 04-06 GTO. I would really like to see someone publish a "Holden/GTO LS1/LS2 only" Magazine , but business modeling will probably prevent that. So at this point in time we have PE and HPP and the forums... :)

G

·
Gotta admit tho ... if a car is from japan its an import... from korea its an import.. u would guess if its designed in aussi land it will be called an import...

ALL I GOTTA SAY IS .... why the hell arnt we in import tuner mag then !!! LMAO :willy: :party:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.