• Plan on trading GTO in on a G8?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellow goats, I saw there is a Pontiac G8 forum up and running. I am just curious if any of you are planning on purchasing the New G8 GT? I am wondering if anyone is gonna trade their goat in for one, or just buy one to keep along with the goat. Or. if anyone is watin' for the G8 GXP version to come out. Like I said I was just curious. So i made a pole on the subject. I plan on keeping GTO unless more problems come along.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I always mess these poles up.

I meant to put a vote for those who plan to keep the GTO. Can GTO Judge or anybody help me with this? Thanks.:willy:

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
I'm debating whether to go for a Honda S2000 in the next couple of months as an addition to the stable or, waiting to see if the G8 GXP materializes. The two cars are apples and oranges. I love the S2000 (for very short periods) but I think the G8 would be the car I could live with longer term. I do like the comfort and utility of a nice sedan. Gas is not a consideration. I only drive 24 miles round trip per day.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm debating whether to go for a Honda S2000 in the next couple of months as an addition to the stable or, waiting to see if the G8 GXP materializes. The two cars are apples and oranges. I love the S2000 (for very short periods) but I think the G8 would be the car I could live with longer term. I do like the comfort and utility of a nice sedan. Gas is not a consideration. I only drive 24 miles round trip per day.
There is a Honda S2000 that I see once in a while down the street who visits someone in the neighborhood. It may be an older one, not sure. Its light blue in color. It is nice and all, but it would have to be an addition to the stable for me. I'm curious to see if they do come out with the G8 GXP. The GXP would have to put up better numbers than the stock GTO for me to buy one. I would hate to give up something lightening fast for something less. (unless I continue to have problems with the goat). But, then again, I guess the G8 is coiming from the same bloodline as the GTO. The four doors would be nice for me with two small kids though. But, then again when my family takes a road trip we take the wifes Tahoe most of the time. Unless it is a nice day!;) Hopefully they will get the GXP in before the big horsepower decline!!! Decisions Decisions!! But, then again, my wife showed interest in the G8 and trading in the Tahoe if the stroller fits in the trunk. MMMMM. Then I could have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would love a G8 over the GTO. Though I got so much money into the GTO it's not worth it. Maybe in a few years once work picks up again, though till then I'm stuck with the goat. Though I do see a G8 with twins coming my way sooner or later.

·
Registered
465 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I've seen a great video on the G8 and it's quite a machine. They exclaim it's the best Pontiac ever and no mention of having any connection to the GTO but there are deffinate similarities.

Sounds awesome and handles increadibly pulling 8g's in the turns.

Still......it's not an option or replacement for a GTO for my tastes. Perhaps when I'm older:lol:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I am really excited to get behind the wheel of the G8 GT.
I would consider the G8 as a replacement for my dd BMW, but would never give up the goat, either of them.

Russ

·
Registered
681 Posts
I've seen a great video on the G8 and it's quite a machine. They exclaim it's the best Pontiac ever and no mention of having any connection to the GTO but there are deffinate similarities.

Sounds awesome and handles increadibly pulling 8g's in the turns.

Still......it's not an option or replacement for a GTO for my tastes. Perhaps when I'm older:lol:
Just a correction there Frank: that would be .85g, no 8g! :lol:

Russ

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Done NJ. :cheers
thank you sir! plus i would want to keep my gto so i can still chat on this forum with a great group of guys!!!:cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
I definitely won't trade my goat in for the G8. I am still debating on whether i like the G8 or not. Front end is ok, the rear i don't like at all. I like the roundness of the goat, not much into the angular design of cars.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Fellow goats, I saw there is a Pontiac G8 forum up and running. I am just curious if any of you are planning on purchasing the New G8 GT? I am wondering if anyone is gonna trade their goat in for one, or just buy one to keep along with the goat. Or. if anyone is watin' for the G8 GXP version to come out. Like I said I was just curious. So i made a pole on the subject. I plan on keeping GTO unless more problems come along.
I am thinking about the LOTUS ELISE. Been eyeing this car for a few years Nice little road car with some balls to it, but keep the GTO. I watched a few on a Road course at Watkins Glenn last year. They did very well running in their own class and I seen a few get better times on testing days againgst some STIs , S2000, Masda R8 and Audi TTs. I have never seen one on the streets around here

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am thinking about the LOTUS ELISE. Been eyeing this car for a few years Nice little road car with some balls to it, but keep the GTO. I watched a few on a Road course at Watkins Glenn last year. They did very well running in their own class and I seen a few get better times on testing days againgst some STIs , S2000, Masda R8 and Audi TTs. I have never seen one on the streets around here
you go big money!!:lol: or big payment:lol: I saw a orange lotus at an uptown small diner in the town I work in. It really did not fit in this town. But if you get her, i'll take a ride!!:willy:

·
Banned
27 Posts
I guess I am split on this car. The drivetrain looks to be acceptable. But I cannot say the styling of this car is doing anything for me. I usually liked the Pontiac styling, but it has gone too Euro for me. But I liked the GTO and I would never trade that thing for anything!!!

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seeing the G8 in person actually made me like it more than I did. I grabbed a brochure for my wife who will be looking to get out of the 07 Tahoe in another year and couple months. It would be great to have two aussies in the barn!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts