Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Definitely a '71-72 hood and nose on it. Hood looks very cheesy because of the missing grills. So it's either a 71/72 or it was repaired with 71/72 parts. I really hope it's my first guess, as no '70 deserves that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for that, I thought so, So now I will need to check when the car was born / repairs mods etc. Thanks a lot for your help

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also, that's more like $16,800 in US dollars. Pretty good deal, even if it is a bastardized 1970 model. Seems more likely that it's a '71 though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
it's a 71.probably a misprint or wrong title for wrong car,that happens if a seller has multiple listings of similar cars.also,the motor is painted the pontiac blue that they started in 71.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I notice no "GTO" on the driver door interior panel. Could it be a lemans cloned? That panel doen't look like what my 71 did, definitely has the seat cover that mine did. Have you seen up close?

·
Registered
197 Posts
he calls it a gto good looking? other wise looking like what. something fishy there. RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Ask for the VIN number, codes from the data plate, engine and transmission, if he can't provide that information it could be a scam. A few weeks ago there was a 65 advertised with pictures of the vin tag and data plate on E-bay, it had a Pontiac, MI 5N data plate and the VIN tag was for a car built in the Fremont, CA assemble plant.

Be careful,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys are legends, I got a copy of the VIN plates and you guys are spot on its a 1971. Hey I like the 1971 I just wanted a 1970. Thanks for answering for a noob aussie. I have found a 1970 Pontiac GTO 455 with papers that will need some work so Im going to need you guys for help in future, thanks again.

2=Pontiac
42=GTO
37=2 door coupe
1=1971
P =Pontiac MI
1264487=production sequence number

1 - 13 of 13 Posts