Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Pontiac Southern Nationals

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  leeklm 
#1 ·
It's not too early to start making your plans to attend this year's Pontiac Southern Nationals, the weekend of September 7th and 8th, 2013. The show this year on the 7th will be very cool. We're holding it on the grounds of the Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison, TX. Can you imagine showing your Pontiac next to classic warbrids like the P51 Mustang, A26 Invader, B25 Mitchell, and P40 Warhawk? Some of the show spots will be in the hangars, others on the tarmac at Addison airport. There will of course be several show classes with judging and awards, guest speakers, and family activities in addition to the opportunity to just be in the presence of many examples of the coolest machines on the planet. On Sunday the 8th there will be a race at Texas Motorplex in Ennis in conjuction with the Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge race series. C'mon out. For more info, ask me, or check out the Dallas Area Pontiac Association web site at www.dapa.org, or email psn@dapa.org

Bear

#3 · (Edited)
Our club has been holding this event every year for a long time, however this is the first time we've ever held it at the Flight Museum. The museum is a cool place. Not only do they have a terrific collection of vintage aircraft there (including the world's only remaining B-29 Superfortress that's still flying), but there are several aircraft that you can purchase rides in. I've been up in one of their AT-6 Texans (of course) myself. Still on my "list" are the P51 and the A26, but I've got to really save my pennies for those two.

I've attached a couple of photos (that I took with my phone) from a photo shoot we did for promotional materials for the event. That's my black 69 GTO. The Firebird is also a club member's car. He went on the Power Tour last year and also competed in the Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge.

Bear

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.