Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eight-year-old son and I went to the Insight Bowl at Chase Field in downtown Phoenix last night and watched our beloved Sun Devils overcome Rutgers in a wild, 45-40 shootout.

On the way into the ballpark, though, we walked through a sizeable display of cars from the Excitement folks. There must've been three Solstices, a Torrent or two, a couple of G6s, a yellow GTO and a booth with scores of people signing up for some sort of giveaway.

Naturally, there were crowds all around the Solstices. Most folks have never seen one. The cool thing, though, was seeing the guys gathered around the open hood of the GTO, pointing and leaning in for a good look.

I wanted to run up to those guys and yell, "Buy one! It's the coolest thing you'll ever do!" Instead, I just thought to myself, "Got me one a those." Made me feel pretty happy thinking I had a car that was attracting so much interest.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh--I should've mentioned that I checked the hood fit on all three Solstices I saw. (Remember how I was whining about the way the hood fit on the Solstice I saw at the Arizona International Auto Show in November?) Not one car had a hood whose cutlines were symmetrical, but by the same token they weren't off by nearly as much as the horribly askew hood on the car I'd seen at the car show. Still, Pontiac needs to address this issue. It'd drive me nuts owning a car whose hood didn't fit right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.