Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the inevitable happened last night on the way home...I was given the gift of a yellow sheet courtesy of the Kalifornia Revenue Collection Group, otherwise known as CHP.

84 in a 65. I'm not even sure that area of the 5 is a posted 65 mph zone...I'll have to check.

If it is posted as such, oh well...time to do my ever popular Fight the System By Using The System fandango...otherwise known as Trial by Delclaration. It's a wonderful thing.

This site rocks: http://www.helpigotaticket.com ...it has gotten me relieved of the burden of three previous citations without having to go anywhere near a courthouse. :cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,100 Posts
Groucho, sorry to hear about your ticket. Took your advice about helpigotaticket.com and personally wanted to say that, for California residents, is it a TERRIFIC resource.

Did you make the cop write "Holden" under make of vehicle?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
b_a_betterperson said:
Did you make the cop write "Holden" under make of vehicle?
Hellifinoe...I can't read the Revenuer's writing...for all I know he wrote "Caravan."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Good thing you weren't doing one of your 143 mph waves at the time :lol:

Darned cops, always cramping our style. Patroling is so heavy here I basically don't speed. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
When I lived there, I could have sworn CHP stood for Chaising Hefty Profits...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
I got pulled over for doing the exact same speed going North on I-94 between Chicago and Milwaukee. I was glad I was in uniform. The Officer told me that was the only thing that saved me. He gave me the "I expect better from our men in uniform" speech and told me I need to pick a different stretch of highway to be stupid. I'm just glad he didn't see me a mile earlier playing tag with an SRT-4. I was going between 110 and 120 then. WHEW!!! Two times I got pulled over and no ticket. I have been alot more careful latley. But, like they say. If you're gonna play, sometimes you're gonna pay. :cheers

Hope you get out of your ticket. :cheers

Groucho said:
84 in a 65. I'm not even sure that area of the 5 is a posted 65 mph zone...I'll have to check.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
GumbyGoat said:
I got pulled over for doing the exact same speed going North on I-94 between Chicago and Milwaukee. I was glad I was in uniform. The Officer told me that was the only thing that saved me. He gave me the "I expect better from our men in uniform" speech and told me I need to pick a different stretch of highway to be stupid. I'm just glad he didn't see me a mile earlier playing tag with an SRT-4. I was going between 110 and 120 then. WHEW!!! Two times I got pulled over and no ticket. I have been alot more careful latley. But, like they say. If you're gonna play, sometimes you're gonna pay. :cheers

Hope you get out of your ticket. :cheers
On the way to Carowins a buddy and I got pulled over, we had just gotten back from Iraq. The cop saw that we were in a rented car an asked us if we were from Ft Bragg, we said yes. Turns out the guy was a former Marine that BS'd with us for 5 minutes about the military. He still gave us a ticket for 69 in a 55 though. :confused
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top