Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Under hard acceleration (i.e. dropping the hammer from the start (enough to spin the tires), full throttle shifts), I'm hearing a pop from the rear end. I don't think its axle hop, and to be completely honest, I'm not sure its the half shafts slipping in the boots.

Ideas?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Under hard acceleration (i.e. dropping the hammer from the start (enough to spin the tires), full throttle shifts), I'm hearing a pop from the rear end. I don't think its axle hop, and to be completely honest, I'm not sure its the half shafts slipping in the boots.

Ideas?

I had to replace my driveshaft (9,000 miles). The stock unit is really small and has rags for connections, not u-joints. I'm running a 3.5" aluminum shaft with real yokes/u-joints now. Mine popped from the day I got it. Pontiac just ignored it till one day it twisted under the car. I'm running 487HP (dynoed) but it's still a crappy driveshaft, it's probbaly the popping that you hear.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Maybe it's your neck popping with all that power... LOL! Sounds like you've already got some good ideas to start with from the others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.