Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. I just got a 05 m6, and have a issue with the car popping out of 1st when taking off if I just lazely put it in first. It does not happen all the time, but has happened maybe a half a dozen times since I got the car now only has 600 miles on it.

Is this something I should bring up to the dealer when I take it in to get the window leak fixed?

Jeff

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hey Jeff. This happened to me when I first had my M6. Going into first, you really have to make sure its all the way in 1st. Theres kind of a 2 click process. I know when I was getting used to the car, you think that first click (or knotch) is 1st, but you have to push a tad bit more. Once you get used to it, its second-nature.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea....

.... That is kinda of what I am doing now, but it is really annoying. This is not my first standard auto, but is definitely the most finicky standard I have ever driven. I am hoping that replacing the shifter makes these annoyances a little better. So far this is my biggest complaint about the GTO.

Jeff

·
Registered
95 Posts
I doubt a shifter will correct the problem. I had it pop out of first a couple times on me but as I drove the vehicle, it stopped doing it as the transmission broke in. I've heard people had success by adding synethic fluid in their transmission as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I rather think it has to do with the new Tranny and your shifting technique. The Tremec is a heavy Tranny, it is indeed a two notch gate at least it feels that way. I would initially shift as a two step process and as the tranny breaks in it should begin to feel much smother and feel like one fluid motion.

·
Registered
498 Posts
patisi said:
I rather think it has to do with the new Tranny and your shifting technique. The Tremec is a heavy Tranny, it is indeed a two notch gate at least it feels that way. I would initially shift as a two step process and as the tranny breaks in it should begin to feel much smother and feel like one fluid motion.
:agree The longer you drive the Goat, the less this becomes an issue. I only have 2700 on mine, but can already notice the difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.