Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm new to this forum but hopefully will be picking up an 06 GTO within the next few days. My question is and I know its been discussed over and over again on here is what Intake and Catback should I get. Also whether or not I will void my warranty with certain things and what mods I have to have tuned with a programmer. Because if not there I would like to do some other mods. I have read alot on here about the lingenfelter air intake but i have seen the aem brute force also.

With the exhaust i was trying to here some sound clips of everyones different exhaust on here, the one that seemed to be what i was looking for was an black 6.0 with lts cats and flowmasters. Was also wondering what the borla sounds like, I am going for a louder exhaust(trans am sound) but more deep and i would like to stay away from the glasspack sound that some of the exhausts give. And not alot of inside sound if possible. Also a a friend of mine that just bought an 06 said that the dealership installed a performance chip for him for more hp and the skip shift does anyone know of any such chip

Thank you in advance

P.S. I apologize for making such a long thread, just have ALOT of questions,lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brazen, I found out today that the dealership didn't put anything in I called them directly, not really sure what my friend was talking about.

I think I have decided on getting flowmaster super 40's and replacing the stock mufflers, does anyone know what sizes i should use and also if I should replace the resonator with an h pipe (if so where do i get one,lol) or leave it in and also what tips would be good to use on this.

also think i am going to go with the lingenfelter air intake

thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
also, will i have to get a tune with an air intake and muffler and h pipe i am worried about having this new car with a check engine light coming on, does anyone know what all effects warranty to

thanks again for the help i definitly appreciate it,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.