Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car out to the track for the first time a while back, had a lot of fun. The only problem was the tire hop that i experienced on almost every run, some of it was pretty extensive. on the way home from the drags the car drove perfect but as of lately seems to have some vibration coming from rear starting at about 70 mph...any idea what this might be? maybe i'm just being anal idk...
Thanks!

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
it could be a CV cage on the half shaft. GET OUT OF IT if you start hopping hard. you WILL break something if you haven't already. at the least get some drag bags

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
:agree

Or you could have flung a wheel weight.

Check under the car see if everything is in order, and check the torque on the wheels.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright thanks a lot, car is in storage now but when i pull it out i'll start checkin things out. hopefully nothing is broken

·
Registered
99 Posts
Alright thanks a lot, car is in storage now but when i pull it out i'll start checkin things out. hopefully nothing is broken
If you need a set of drag bags,cv's, or axle stubs please let me know. we have everything in stock and ready to ship. Our stubs and cv's are made from300m and can withstand 800 hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts