Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i have a 2000 hyundai tiburon, not really much of a muscle car. :)

i am looking at getting a GTO, G35, 350Z, 05-06 mustang gt. from what i seen not a whole lot compare to the GTO power wise for that price wise. where would you rank these cars 1-4? is the GTO the fastest stock car in its class? thanks everyone

·
Registered
290 Posts
I can't believe your posting this on a GTO forum. Here goes my opinion. Alot of it depends on what you want out of your car. What do you like? What do you need? I can tout the greatness of the GTO but I hope your not going to base your decision on my opinion. Narrow it down to 2 cars and take them for a test drive or take them all out. I looked at all the options and different cars out there. I didn't really have a price range but I wanted to get something I liked. I could care less if no one else likes my car or agrees with what I bought. Its really on you bro. #1 in my opinion GTO. :cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you are looking at a GTO ask them to put it on a lift and see if the front tires are rubbing on the struts. If they are you are sol if you buy the car. The dealerships won't do anything to help you. If there is clearance most likely within 2000 miles of driving off the lot you will have strut rub. You won't even hear it, meanwhile it is taking the rubber off of the inside of your front tires. GM won't do anything about it until somebody dies as a result.

·
Registered
86 Posts
1 - GTO
my obvious choice, great power (LS1!!!) and interior, and i love the exterior
2 - G35
Very similar to the 350z in my opinion, I just think the G35 looks a little better
3 - 350Z
I like the way they look, people who drive them in my town act like they drive the Corvette of jap cars lol
4 - 05-06 Mustang GT
Honestly at first I liked them. Now, they are all over the place. The novelty wore off quickly with me because I cant go a day without seeing 3 of them. This car cannot even be compared to a GTO in my opinion. I have yet to see one pull a sub 14.0 1/4 time and the interior is so 'blah' to me. I personally beat an 05 pretty good that had atleast an exhaust in my 04 GTO when all I had was an CAI and exhaust

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
That G35 is a tough looking car; my son loves it.

Everything being the same, the GTO would be a great buy compared to the others. I just can't get away from the LS2 that none of the others come close to.

Keep in mind also, that every forum, no matter what make has members vocalizing the extremes, both good and bad. They ALL have bad points, even Acuras, Lexus, Infiniti- - -

Drive them all, look at the features, and make the call.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Keep in mind also, that every forum, no matter what make has members vocalizing the extremes, both good and bad. They ALL have bad points, even Acuras, Lexus, Infiniti- - -

that is true, other than my strut rub I absolutely love everything about the car. I am just a little frustrated at the way my specific problem is being handled.

·
Registered
148 Posts
rwilson831 said:

that is true, other than my strut rub I absolutely love everything about the car. I am just a little frustrated at the way my specific problem is being handled.
I had not heard about this strut rub issue. Does this happen only when the front wheels are turned or at extreme suspension extesion or retraction?:cheers

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine has 5400 miles. Just checked clearance. Tire is very close to the strut both sides clear by about 1/8", no marks on tires yet.:cheers

·
Registered
455 Posts
OP, I can't say a lot about these cars myself, as I haven't test driven these years/models. Obviously it is 2 pairs of similar vehicles--you should probably testdrive at least one vehicle from each set, as they represent 2 different "styles" of power and feel.

There was a lengthy thread a while back about someone deciding between a GTO and a G35. There might be some useful information in it:
http://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.php?t=2227

On the other topic of the strut rub, does anyone know if it is just certain years, or all 3 years? I've seen that some people on this board have tires wider than 245; any signs of this problem for those people?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.