Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What replacement tires do you recommend for Potenza 235/40 18” stock mine have 2200mi now seem great to me but I have no reference? I was looking around and don’t see 235 closest is 245 was price shopping for future. Also what would a set of Stock 18” Tires and wheels like new be worth $

·
Registered
259 Posts
I use the Falken Azeni ST-115 245/40-18's these are about as good as you can get for perfomance tires that will help you get traction (very important w/400HP) and keep the grip in the wet. If you want Max performance in DRY conditions, step up to the RT-615's that is one step below R Compund race tires.
My personal opinions on good tires for the GTO are as follows:

STREET Performance (Dry and moderate rain)
1.) Falken Azeni ST-115

STREET Performance (Dry only - Better than above mentioned)
1.) Falken Azeni RT-615
2.) BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD
3.) Kuhmo ECSTA MX

RACE DOT
Hoosier R3S04

With the weight and HP of the GTO, these are my recommendations. My suspension is tuned, I have ZERO wheel hop and my oversteer is dialed in perfectly, so my tires tend to wear a little more rapidly than most.

There are many other good tires out there I did not mention, these are just my preferences.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LS2FAST said:
I use the Falken Azeni ST-115 245/40-18's these are about as good as you can get for perfomance tires that will help you get traction (very important w/400HP) and keep the grip in the wet. If you want Max performance in DRY conditions, step up to the RT-615's that is one step below R Compund race tires.
My personal opinions on good tires for the GTO are as follows:

STREET Performance (Dry and moderate rain)
1.) Falken Azeni ST-115

STREET Performance (Dry only - Better than above mentioned)
1.) Falken Azeni RT-615
2.) BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD
3.) Kuhmo ECSTA MX

RACE DOT
Hoosier R3S04

With the weight and HP of the GTO, these are my recommendations. My suspension is tuned, I have ZERO wheel hop and my oversteer is dialed in perfectly, so my tires tend to wear a little more rapidly than most.

There are many other good tires out there I did not mention, these are just my preferences.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Thanx I like the looks and price of the ST-115. Like the sound of that Zero wheel hop I hate that when I hit second!

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you get the Hotchkis Sway bar set and set the rear for 156% Stiffer and adjust the front for your driving type.... the wheel hop WILL go away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.