Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the chassis back from my friends powder coating shop today.....Here are a couple of pics. I should have all the suspension parts back tomorrow. All the A arms, links and swaybars will be gloss black, the tie rod adjusters, bushings, and tranny x member will be gloss red, hardware will be chrome or stainless.....kind of a reverse of the body/interior color.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
silver!!....nice, next best thing to polishing it, that color combo is gonna look awesome, your gonna have to carry a mirror in the trunk so everyone can see it....:cheers

·
Registered
336 Posts
Damn, that is sexy. About 20 years ago I powder coated my XLCR Harley frame. This was the first time I ever delt with powdercoating. Back then, just like Henry Ford, it only came in black. When I put it together, man I had some serious issues. No grounds anywhere. Make sure you take a grinder to all chassis grounds before attching wires. My frame still looks like new. I love powdercoat!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks ...Alky is probably right...I'll never drive it....EXCEPT on Saturday night, Sunday morning, and on occasional Wednesdays......:party:

·
Registered
659 Posts
That aint a frame, that's a work of art. Any apprehension about driving that car will vanish as soon as that blown motor fires up.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jet, The chassis is getting wrapped in plastic, mounted to the body, then the final body work and paint will be done. REASON: The body man dosen't want to pain, then mount because panels could warp during the process......he does it this way all the time. Makes sense to me. I am doing my best to get outta NY....the roads, taxes, politics and winters here [email protected]*k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gonna have the core support done, andthe fender wells (under the hood side). Not the body panels..........If I was rich, I would have the entire body chromed!.....:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Rukee, The rear sway bar is similar...I'll post a pic when i install it....Over the weekend. Eric:cheers

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Splined sway bars, nice. :cool

Nothing second rate here Eric. :cheers

Drool factor - off the charts. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts