Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well...couldn't find pontiac blue, so i went for "hammered silver". pretty cool powdercoating effect. will post up a pic when i get it back later this week.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I love the idea, and look forward to seeing it. I've been thinking about doing this for my truck.

I've read a thread on doing this elsewhere, I just can't remember which forum I was on.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Looks nice. Is there a reason they do it in blue? Or, did your change your mind?

·
Registered
686 Posts
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Car parts on the kitchen counters my wife loves that:willy:

Only thing that tops that is the laptop in bed late at night cruising the GTO forums. She is such a big fan. :p

Pay back for all the dang chick flicks and monday night bachelor watching.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahaha, well the bonus is the damn convertible pump is sitting on top of the toaster oven. I'm really not home much. sort of a jumping off point to have fun elsewhere.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i looked into the issue of the powder coat melting or having other issues as a result of heat. Basically what i came to find out is that the intake doesn't get hot enough to cause those kinds of problems. the fact that there's constantly air flow helps to cool the metal. that and edelbrock is currently selling their intakes with a black powder coat. if i do run into any issues, i'll defintely report back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts