Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read as many posts as I could find regarding the power tap behind the passenger side panel, but, I can't get mine to function as accessory power. It stays on constantly. Maybe I am trying to do something that it won't do?

It is a 2005 and I know that the orange wire is battery power, yellow causes that radio to display something like "phone in" and total silence from the XM radio, black/green for ground and a blue wire (for what, I don't know). :confused

If you have hardwired a FM modulator and gotten it to function as an accessory, please let me know how you wired it up.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
i just installed my skyfi2 in my 05 gto. since the skyfi2 has a built-in fm transmitter, all i did was velcro the car kit unit to the little storage space in front of the gearshift, ran the power to the outlet in the center console, and ran the antenna wire through the center console (just closed the center console on the wire), and put the antenna in the back deck inside the car (made the antenna stick to the carpeting by using velcro on it). then i velcro'd the remote to the little space between the window buttons, the traction control button and the drink holders. the skyfi2 turns off when the key is removed, and turns back on when i start the car. all works fine, and it sounds better than i expected (i wasn't expecting too much since it was going through fm, but it sounds good).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.