Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does any one have wiring diagram for the power Door Locks? I need to add the Door Lock/Unlock Switch in Console? I have bad neck injury (that’s where GTO came from ;) ) and 6sp so very hard to reach door lock. Anyway I don’t want to butcher car just a clean little harness like I made for B.T. mod. I would think wiring would be similar to Auto and there would be a connection. Any one that has done this or an alarm or has access to dealer Diagram would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Holden said:
Does any one have wiring diagram for the power Door Locks? I need to add the Door Lock/Unlock Switch in Console? I have bad neck injury (that’s where GTO came from ;) ) and 6sp so very hard to reach door lock. Anyway I don’t want to butcher car just a clean little harness like I made for B.T. mod. I would think wiring would be similar to Auto and there would be a connection. Any one that has done this or an alarm or has access to dealer Diagram would be most appreciated.

I will be able to access them once they come in. The car is still too new though. Check with me next month(1st Tuesday of the month to be specific) to see if they give us the information you will need.

I can then tell you how difficult it will be. I am very interested in doing the same thing in mine.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dealernut said:
I will be able to access them once they come in. The car is still too new though. Check with me next month(1st Tuesday of the month to be specific) to see if they give us the information you will need.

I can then tell you how difficult it will be. I am very interested in doing the same thing in mine.
I would think wiring would be similar 03-06 :cheers

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
yep. I would agree. I want to see how the lock/unlock button is routed and what tyoe of actuator they use. Once I know that then I am installing it. I would assume that the entire piece will fit right into the 05 with a little wire work.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dealernut said:
yep. I would agree. I want to see how the lock/unlock button is routed and what tyoe of actuator they use. Once I know that then I am installing it. I would assume that the entire piece will fit right into the 05 with a little wire work.
I was planing to use a T/C switch until D/L switch comes out. Should just be momentary switch :confused

·
Registered
304 Posts
An absolute "must have" IMO.........DN, I'll drive to J'ville if your shop will do the install for me. LMK your progress on this...........

Thanks,

JET

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I will end up doing it myself. Maybe have a buddy in service help me out. I will do it to mine and then I will let you know if I want to take the adventure again. LOL!!!!

I do not think it will be too difficult. I will know more once I get the parts/diagrams of the 06 setup.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
GTO judge said:
I thought that's what that button was. thanx

yeah. It seems like such a trivial thing. But when you have the manual you have no control on the inside. I will be adding this to mine once I get some info about how they are setup.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
dealernut said:
Inside door locks man. WHOO HOO!!!!!
Awesome! Keep us posted. I'm surprised that nobody in Pontiac marketing mentioned this as an improvement to the 2006 model. Seriously, those guys in the RenCen spend too much time at the coffee pot and in the bathroom.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Awesome! Keep us posted. I'm surprised that nobody in Pontiac marketing mentioned this as an improvement to the 2006 model. Seriously, those guys in the RenCen spend too much time at the coffee pot and in the bathroom.
:agree :agree :agree :agree

I agree 100%. I was just sitting in one of them in the showroom and noticed the button. After scratching my head for a few seconds, I did what a primate would do. Push the button. Luckily it was not an ejector seat. LOL!!!1(Ok so that was a lame joke, very boring saturday at a Pontiac dealership. ONE CAR SALE DAYS MAKE US SALESMEN CRAZY)

yeah, I was really suprised they did not mention that.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Seriously? Those folks in Detroit hire all kinds of marketing MBAs -- pay them really well -- and NONE of them either care about cars or have any idea how to sell them. If I was an EVP of marketing at a car company, NOBODY would get a marketing job without spend some time on the firing line first.

I remember Cadillac hired one guy from PG. His prior job? Selling baby wipes to Moms. He was quoted in a car magazine how he'd study Moms wiping kids butts -- and how much ca-ca would get scooped out of a butt crack, etc. How in the HELL does that equate to building great cars -- or equipping dealers with what they need in order to sell them?

I would LOVE to work for a car company -- but given the facts that I (1) would want to build great cars and (2) get things done without having to get approval from 800 bozos first -- my blood pressure would probably get so high that one day I'd just explode in my office -- spraying the joint with 200 pounds of blood, bone and meat.

Whereupon the MBA idiots would go "EWWWWWWW" and go right back to what they were doing before. So to hell with them.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Gotta have that button installed...........keep me posted.

JET

·
Registered
454 Posts
I heard rumors of other small improvements that aren't advertised on the 06
something about a power steering problem that has been resolved,and I believe a solution to the flooding problem but I'm not sure.....went to the central Fla car show today expecting to see an 06 GTO but guess what?
they had an 05 on display no 06 brochures either.........what a bummer,and the Solstice was all roped off so you couldn't even get close to it

·
Registered
95 Posts
According the mechanization for '06, the wire starts from a battery feed, goes to the Door Lock switch, and they to Connecter #3/Pin #12 of the Body Control Module. There is also another wire from "Lamps On" to the switch and then to ground to illuminate the switch.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
edysinger said:
According the mechanization for '06, the wire starts from a battery feed, goes to the Door Lock switch, and they to Connecter #3/Pin #12 of the Body Control Module. There is also another wire from "Lamps On" to the switch and then to ground to illuminate the switch.
I was working with an A4 today and there is a micro switch in right front of shifter that locks and unlocks doors. With an A4 all you would have to do is tap those 2 wires to a momentary switch and good to go. Then if you want light circuit that’s no problem. So all I have to do is find that circuit on M12. I got software update today should have wiring diagram for 04-05 tomorrow will work out details and post ASAP. I’m using extra T/C switch with black tape on top for now till 06 switches comes out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts