Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why most 4 way power seat do not have the helper spring on the slave side? Did they use them on early ones and just stop using them because there may have been issues?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
hmmmmmmmm

I have 4 power bucket seat tracks now.... and owned a few others... 1 I have is a 23,000 original mile 69 SJ
power track ... no springs on any of them I have had .... had 1 64 65 dont remember seein one

had 2 or 3 66 tracks ... never saw one on them ... I have a 72 with the dual cables to both tracks instead of just
running the one side .... that seat move my fat ass nicely ..

gott a look into the spring thing .... is it the same length as a manual seat spring ?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I was told, they were on 65 and 66 only.. just prior to buying this I seen an auction for power seat that was stated it was removed from a 66 GTO and a spring was on it as well... about the same time there was another from a 66 Riviera and it too had a helper spring.. there were two types and colors that I found, green spring for GTO and black from Riviera.. I have the pics saved somewhere I will try to post them. I know the green spring is 8-1/2 inches, I didn't measure the black one, but I would say it's the same.. I dont think the spring is the same on a manual one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts