Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey, Bear. Your friend in East Texas here. The local GTO club is polling members to do the Baytown to Austin leg, with a poss extension to Dallas. Even with a/c, I'm not sure. I tell people that driving my '67 is a lot like something else you might do. It's hot, sweaty, sticky, noisy, and the most fun while you're doing it. But I can't do either one for very long anymore.....

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wishing you a safe trip, and enjoy the cheap gas! How is the new place coming?
We're loving it out here, GeeTee. Still working on things as we go along, Mrs. Bear getting the house all decorated up to suit her and I've been doing other stuff - like getting us a gate opener system all rigged up, finding excuses to play with the tractor and such. Spring/summer I'm planning to start getting the shop fixed up. I want to buy a shipping container to use to store raw materials, parts, lumber, etc. in so that the shop can be a shop - we'll see how that goes. Of course I want a lift too, but the existing roof isn't really high enough to allow a lift to go to full height so either I need to raise the roof a few feet or just deal with it like it is. Either way it'll be a blessing to not have to crawl around under the car with it up on stands. I put an awning from the previous house here onto a platform that I built on a couple of cross ties, so now I can park the tractor under it to keep it somewhat out of the weather and I can also drag the whole thing down to my shooting range to use as a platform :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, Bear. Your friend in East Texas here. The local GTO club is polling members to do the Baytown to Austin leg, with a poss extension to Dallas. Even with a/c, I'm not sure. I tell people that driving my '67 is a lot like something else you might do. It's hot, sweaty, sticky, noisy, and the most fun while you're doing it. But I can't do either one for very long anymore.....
Great! Hope ya'll decide to come on up this way. We could meet up.

Bear

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
:thumbsup:Bear, great news. I have several friends who have been using containers for cheap, secure, weather-tight storage for YEARS. They can't be beat for the price and the ease of use. Some of them get two, and build a roof between them for covered parking/extra workspace. One guy did an arched roof out of tubing and corrugated aluminum and put a 4 post lift in there on the peagravel he had put down. You can put a 4 post lift outside your shop on a slab or on the dirt or gravel and just do your undercar stuff outside....I've seen this a bunch out here in sunny CA! With 4 feet, the car will not go anywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts