Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Radar Detector

I suppose one or two of you may have radar detectors. How do you connect them? I have a Bel RX65Pro and the coiled cord is too thick to run through the little slot on the console. My only option at the moment is to leave the console lid open.

Has anyone opted for the dealer installed front and rear smokers group with ashtray and lighter? I suppose that would give you a couple more power points.

Also, I've got an XM Roady2 that I'd like to continue using. I used to run the antenna out the sunroof in my last car. Has anyone installed a Roady in a GTO?

I guess this is the downside to an Aussie designed GM car. No XM radio and no OnStar. I got spoiled with my Denali. Not a bad trade for a car this good though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hardwired mine into the fusebox under the drivers' side kickpanel. Pontiac was nice enough to leave two empty connections in the fuse box: One that is constantly powered, and one powered when the accessories are one. It's actually pretty easy to hardwire. You just then have to fix the rest of the plug between the dash and the console, and run it wherever you want.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I put in a power socket under the pasanger side dash hard wired it to the fuse box in one of the keyed spare slot. Ran the wires through the console and up under the dash can not see anything unless you really get down to look. Did not want to hard wire the radar detector because i use it in diffrent cars. Also can use the additional socket for cell phone etc.

·
Registered
136 Posts
well i dont use a radar detector...but i do have XM and the roady2. I just tuck it into and in between the seats and place it on the rear deck under the rear windshield. It works just fine...im a little paranoid about making anything permanent. It works and you cant see the wires...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.