Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all my fellow GTO owner's and enthusiast. Most of you probably know me from my post on M 6 problem's. Well as my post state's prayer needed. On Tuesday 03/07/06 while at work operating a Rock Train going east bound a south bound Sand Truck failed to yield at the crossing, resulting in a collision between my Train and the sand truck which further resulted in the driver of the sand truck losing his life (god bless his soul), The train I was operating was hauling 48 cars of rock 1 to 4 inch. The train derailed resulting in 3 other people being injured, My brakeman Steve, Conductor Alberto and myself. We all sustained bad injury's. I will share mine with you. I was knocked unconscious, my back was broke ( T-12 ) was shattered on Wednesday they performed surgery on my back taking part of my hip bone and putting it back where my T-12 was, then fusing my L-1 T-12 and T-11 all together, but there is good news I'm not paralyzed. I currently have to wear a torso cast for 12 weeks and then start physical therapy. I'm not asking for anything but your prayer's for the truck driver, brakeman, conductor and myself. Thank you and god bless.... Oh and I cant drive the M6, but I'm going to give it all I have in physical therapy so I will be able to one of these days.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sorry to hear it Dragon, my prayers are with all of you. If we can do anything let us know. Best of luck and do stay in touch. :cheers

·
Registered
105 Posts
Keep your chin up, brighter days are ahead. 12 weeks will fly by and the GTO will still be there waiting for ya. Good Luck in your recovery!!!

:cheers

·
Registered
585 Posts
I was a brakeman for the Norfolk and Western RR. I always dreaded the potential collisions. In those days, there was nothing but air and a door between me and the event. Scary. I am truly sorry that it happened. You can handle it through Christ who strenghtens you. (Romans 8) I assume you were the Hoghead right? God bless.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Cottonfarmer said:
My prayers are with you and those involved too. What an unfortunate thing to happen but sadly these things do occur from time to time. Although it was no fault of yours, I can only imagine how you must feel. Hang in there bud. God be with you. -Jim
:agree
Thank god your ok and not paralyzed, You will pull through it Bro!!!
I just finished my Med/Surge Extern for nursing and witnessed a similar operation, again my prayers to you and your crew and to the truck driver

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your accident...I will be puting all of you on my church's prayer list tomorrow.

On a personal note, I know exactly what you are going through. Exactly 6 years ago this past Wednesday, I was broadsided by a 72 year old drunk driver in a mini van...I too broke my back, tore my SI joint in my hip, and fractured my neck...it was a long and difficult road to recovery but I am living proof that with faith and determination, you can overcome any obstacle! I am not paralized, I ride a motorcycle and live a very full and complete life. You do have a long road ahead of you but the journey will be worth it.

God bless you and your family and all of those that were effected by this horrible accident.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me!:)

·
Registered
584 Posts
noz34me said:
My prayers are with you.

Things like this always make me wonder why bad things happen to good people.

Here's hoping for a full recovery for you and your co-workers.
:agree
Last Sunday Mom was on the way to work (She's a Nurse) 3 Blocks away from the House she gets into an Accident, A Drunk FCUK Decides He wants to drive on the Left Side of the Road with his headlights off and hits my mom head-on
Luckily mom just had some whiplash and is a Little sore
But the A$$HOLE had it Worse Bleeding and probobly had another Injury

When He gets out of Jail You better Believe Nature Will take its Course:mad: :mad: :shutme

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.