Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm still getting used to my car and the other night i raced my friends 2005 saturn redline (the supercharged thing) went from a roll on the beltway at 50mph and i put it in third pulled an easy 4 cars on him right away but when i looked down at my rpms i seen i was only at 5k...

So today while i was out driving i decided to see where i would be at if i put it in second...so i got to 50 put it in second and eased the clutch out to make sure i wouldn't over rev soon as the clutch grabbed the damn tires broke loose and felt the back end kick out :eek: i was shocked by the ridiculous amount of power without a single performance mod

·
Registered
358 Posts
larry0233 said:
i'm still getting used to my car and the other night i raced my friends 2005 saturn redline (the supercharged thing) went from a roll on the beltway at 50mph and i put it in third pulled an easy 4 cars on him right away but when i looked down at my rpms i seen i was only at 5k...

So today while i was out driving i decided to see where i would be at if i put it in second...so i got to 50 put it in second and eased the clutch out to make sure i wouldn't over rev soon as the clutch grabbed the damn tires broke loose and felt the back end kick out :eek: i was shocked by the ridiculous amount of power without a single performance mod
Cruise down the highway about 70-75mph and slam it into 3rd and hit the gas, tires break loose and you take off like you've been shot from a cannon.
:cheers

·
Registered
103 Posts
ugh, I can't believe I am going to admit this:eek: .....

I was racing last saturday. We take off from first, I hit second perfect, I'm half a car lenght up, I fumble but hit third, keep on truckin. The other car is still tryin, and we have plenty of road, so I don't let up. Goin about 70-90mph (not really sure) I go for fourth, but I can't find it!!! The other car starts comin up fast, I get excited....then...WHAM....into second I go:willy: The RPMs are bouncin off the rev limiter, the tires start lockin up (you hear 'chirp, chirp, chirp') I then get it back into neutral, then fourth.... The car, for being abused, did an excellent job. All I can say is "thank goodness for a rev limiter!" I sure would've hated replacing an engine/tranny this soon after buying a car:eek:

Jake

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
nineball481 said:
ugh, I can't believe I am going to admit this:eek: .....

I was racing last saturday. We take off from first, I hit second perfect, I'm half a car lenght up, I fumble but hit third, keep on truckin. The other car is still tryin, and we have plenty of road, so I don't let up. Goin about 70-90mph (not really sure) I go for fourth, but I can't find it!!! The other car starts comin up fast, I get excited....then...WHAM....into second I go:willy: The RPMs are bouncin off the rev limiter, the tires start lockin up (you hear 'chirp, chirp, chirp') I then get it back into neutral, then fourth.... The car, for being abused, did an excellent job. All I can say is "thank goodness for a rev limiter!" I sure would've hated replacing an engine/tranny this soon after buying a car:eek:

Jake

The good ol' sideways screamer. Those are always fun. I went sideways against a C5 vette doing the same thing. My ass end came out in front of him(becasue I had him beat:cool ) and he was able to narrowly avoid me. We both stopped and had a laugh. But man oh man I am with you about the "thank god for a rev limiter"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.