Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Previous import turbo owner.... Talk me into a 05' GTO

5K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  jasonc32amg 
#1 ·
Hello all, I am currently looking to buy a newer and nicer vehicle. I come from Having a turbo 500rwhp lexus sc300, 600rwhp mr2 turbo, and 350rwhp 240sx. But i want a v8 monster. Coming from the import cars what am i to expect from teh 05 gto. I want the ls2 so the 05 is a must. I will drive it stock for awhile but then i will modify it. What can i expect, I already heard that the weight of the car is a bit ehhh... and as well as stock shifter. And the biggest tire size? 245? thats crazy, but i like the styling and interior. Anyone on here a previous "import" owner? All opinions are welcome as well as common problems with the car.

Thanks in advance,
-ap

BTW: If i do get one, expect lots of custom fabbed parts :) I love bringing performance to new communitys.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies. so the power output between the 2 doesn't matter? and i would build my own "kit". and prolly peice together my own fuel system and tune with it with one of them programmer.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Oh definately, I just worry about the severe weigth disadvantage, But i def love the interior, vs all the other cars i have owned, I am planning to keep my mr2 so i will still have that car that traps 135+, just want my dailt driver to beat up on some kiddies if they try to get frisky, don't want to have to run home and jump into a "faster" car. heheh the mr2 sits on 275/50/15's and cuts 1.41 60's with the drag radials. But everyone loves the car? I will just have to go test drive one to make a full decision, right now i am trying not to love teh new styyling and save some cash and buy an 04. but for 05's going for 21-22k in florida its hard to pass up.

Discussion starter · #19 ·
yea i hear you guys, this car will definately be "touched" :) I am not too much of a 1320 racer when it comes to cars of this size. I honestly want raw mph power. IE. 50-150. I won't be drag racing it, because i have one of those cars already. But i def do like to do highway sprints. :) Thanks for all the input keep it coming. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.