Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Al D said:
How much under MSRP can I expect to pay?
Is $4K too much?

Thanks in advance
Al

Never go by MSRP, Find out $invoice$ and work your way down.

FYI: We came to $300 over invoice -$500 -$1000 = $1200 under invoice

I didn't care to deal any more, I just wanted the car :lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Invoice is not what they pay for the car either. That is just showing what the car would cost without some of the other bull**** fees they add like advertising, etc.

What you need to do is find out dealer cost of the car and offer them 5% over that cost and then add shipping (usually about $700). I payed $29K for mine out the door.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
As someone else asked, what are you buying? What year? That makes a difference; like there are better deals on new '05 GTO's than new '06's.

That said, I wasn't satisfied with the GM provider discount on my '05. At the time, that was ~ $200 below invoice, not counting rebates.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just got back from the dealer...

I got $30,220 for black/black, stick, and 18" wheels. I probably could have gotten a couple more bucks off, but the salesperson was insanely beautiful. :eek: Hey, I may be a pig, but at least I'm honest.

I pick up Christine Monday!!! Woo hooooooooo!

Gerry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, I missed the "year" part. I haven't seen many 05's in my area. The one I saw had about 400 test drive miles. Not exactly the way I want my new car broken in. ( I know I don't follow the break in rules on a test drive).

Unless it was something screaming low, I'll try to go with an 06.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Here's what I think you need to do:

Decide if, for the minor differences, and a possible $3K + difference in price you want an '06 over an '05.

Decide how far you're willing to travel to buy a new car

Get on the GM BuyPower website, plug in your zip code, and the year GTO you want, and see what comes up. You may be surprised.

Keep in mind this is not a good time of year to buy an '06. Weather is great everywhere in the country, and I do believe the seasons have an effect on prices for this car. Best time and place to buy a GTO is New England in the winter.

Good Luck- - -they're fun cars, great performance when you want performance, and reasonable gas mileage if you don't drive like a bat out of hell.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Al D said:
Look like gmbuypower doesn't allow you to search for 05's any more. Maybe theres none left in my area.

thanks for the advise.
I went to the Pontiac website and could do a seach on either `05 or `06 models. Look for the "locate vehicle" link toward the bottem left side of the homepage.

·
Registered
569 Posts
MAXAMOOSE said:
My Goat Stickered @ 34185.00 I Got It At 28463.00
05 Torrid Red M6 18's
Man, I wish I shopped around a bit before buying mine. Last time I looked at GTO's was last August and NO ONE was negotiating out of the 4 dealers I went to. So come last month when I bought my 05 when the dealer said "sticker minus rebates only", I figured that was it for my area. I should have traveled. I am not happy that the "best" they did was $31,500 on a leftover 05, but I wanted the car too. I even had a friend who worked for another dealer contact them about buying it off them and they wouldn't sell to them because they "knew they'd get their price eventually".
Joe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Where Are You Located. I Am In The St. Louis Area And I Did Drive About 75-100 Miles To Get The Car At Modern Garage In Sullivan Mo. The Drive Was For The Car Not The Price. It Was Exactly What I Wanted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I found the 05's. Score one for the techno dummy.
Onr dealer with 5 05's left would take $3K off sticker. Not enough for a 250 mile round trip.
My local dealer would only take off $1k from sticker on an 06.
I guess I'll start calling around.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Depends here they wanted full retail

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.