Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm about to buy a 4,000 mile silver 05 6-speed with 17's (pontiac dealor). the car is flawless. they are asking 26,999. they don't seem willing to negotiate. is that a fair price or should it be more like 25-26? thanks.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Off the top of my head, that sounds a bit high, but not totally outrageous. There are a lot of factors involved in the pricing--such as where you live--and also there is, of course, always a range that is average for a car of a certain specification. Dealers always sell a bit higher. I would suggest looking at Autotrader and Carmax and trying to find a GTO in your state that is as close to year/mileage as this one and compare the prices. Even if you can't find one with 4k miles, but instead find a few with 2k and 7k, it should give you a better feel for pricing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
enjracing said:
i'm about to buy a 4,000 mile silver 05 6-speed with 17's (pontiac dealor). the car is flawless. they are asking 26,999. they don't seem willing to negotiate. is that a fair price or should it be more like 25-26? thanks.
THAT'S TOO HIGH, 25 TO 25,500 SOUNDS MORE REASONABLE. 26,999 IS THE SUCKER PRICE. A BRAND NEW GOAT FALLS TO 27 WHEN IT ROLLS OFF THE LOT BRAND NEW.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
enjracing said:
Wow, I've got a black/red 6M '05 with only 2400 miles, and I would have a hard time turning down $25K- - I think that guys high.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I think that with them going away that the prices might go up just a bit? I told many that it is the last year and a few went to see about buying one now while they can new? i dont know? shall see i guess?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.