Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to take advantage of that 0% 72 month financing and will probably get a GTO today. My question is: What were you guys able to haggle the dealership down to? How much room do I have to work with here. I have a trade in (1997 Grand Prix with 100,000+ miles) and $1000 bucks. Any ideas?

Thanks for responding, and I'm looking forward to hanging out here.

·
Registered
275 Posts
poodfoison said:
I'm looking to take advantage of that 0% 72 month financing and will probably get a GTO today. My question is: What were you guys able to haggle the dealership down to? How much room do I have to work with here. I have a trade in (1997 Grand Prix with 100,000+ miles) and $1000 bucks. Any ideas?

When they ask you if you're trading in a vehicle tell them "no." Agree on a price FIRST, then in the end, say you might trade you're vehicle in if they give you a fair amount.

There are numerous posts on here regarding price etc. As far as putting money down, it's not needed. Interest free loan, roll it ALL in including TT&L. All credit tiers are accepted for this offer as well. If your credit sucks, you'll get approved (from what I've read).

·
Registered
415 Posts
poodfoison said:

Fair prices when using the 0% financing that I saw while researching/shopping were 30-32K (give or take a little). Or with all incentives applied including
a $500 military bonus, I saw as low as 28,300 to 30,200 for a cash purchase.
Take into consideration, keeping your 97 as a daily driver/spare if they don't
make the trade worth your while. You might could even hold onto your 1K in
cash for your first mods, like a 1-4 shift skip eliminiator for starters. Found this link for one...Seems kinda cheap though...$29.
(http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/index.html)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Haggle!

poodfoison said:

Take the 0% over the $1,000 cash back EVERY time! You'll save many thousands over the long haul ... certainly enough to warrant keeping the Grand Prix to keep the miles off the Goat.

Let's say you get them to $29,000 for an M6. Your '97 Grand Prix is worth about $2650 (considering it's in "good" condition and is a GT model). So you're at $26,350 plust tax, tag, etc. ... which will take you just about back to $29,000 (give or take a little) which is $402 per month.

If you keep the Grand Prix for a daily driver, you'll be around $435 - $440 per month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I went to one of many local dealerships today and found a nice black on black 6speed. Everything was going great until they insisted that their "invoice" is only $1000 below sticker and they were going to give me "$500 under invoice." I was EXTREMELY persistent in trying to get them to admit that $1000 under MSRP is not really their invoice, but they wouldn't admit it, no matter what. Any ways, the salesman was a complete prick and I'll be checking out another dealership tomorrow.

Another thing that pissed me off about these guys was that they insisted some dealerships in the area have been getting over MSRP for these things. I like the car a lot, but it is pretty clear they aren't selling worth sh*t. I live in a pretty rural area and there are at least 25 w/in 30 miles of me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.