Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night I was cruising around when I heard the infamous sounds of police sirens. So I pull to the side, and low and behold A toyota prius police car passes by me:confused. Okay I start to wonder if I was seeing things:eek:. Got closer and realized it was a cop car, I mean what police department would use these things?? I could outrun that car using just three of my six gears:D. I wish I had a video of that cars engine screaming its brains out and barley moving. Wouldn't want to be the officer driving that turd. Has anyone else see police departments with prius cars??:confused

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Maybe it was the guys personal car. I'm assuming it was unmarked? Our local Sheriff has a Camary or something that is unmarked but has hidden lights and a siren....... It's not his work car.....

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Doh! I suppose downtown NY you don't have to go very fast. Looks like something the metermaids would drive.....

I think I would rather be seen in this, LOL:

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
^:rofl: Now That's Funny! :lol::lol::lol:

It would'nt surprise me one bit if they put them all in friggin pedal cars. Just another way your tax dollars are leaving the country...... I'm surprised the Presidential Limo is'nt a Lexus :shutme.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Don't really matter nowadays what kind of cop cars they use. You can't out run the radio or the helichoppers.

Majority of the cop cars here in England are not high powered cars.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I saw a Prius cop car in a small town near Orlando. This town is literally 1 mile wide and 2 miles long and is completely surrounded by Orlando. There is no major roads, all 25 mph residential streets, so I thought the Prius was a good idea when I saw it. Their other two police cars were a 2001-2005 Neon and a Ford Escape Hybrid. This was about 2008 when I saw it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts