Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a encounter with a prius?? I know its ridiculous but every time I run into a prius they drive like turtles. And when a passing lane comes up they think they are driving a corvette or something. I ran into one the other day at a street light, mistake 1 he tries to get me out of the hole:confused and fails:eek: then when we get to a passing lane he floors it and tries to pass me. Are all sloyota owners this way??:confused. It just seems like hybrid owners think they are better than non hybrid owners. Maybe its where I live. Kauai HI:lol:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Has anyone had a encounter with a prius?? I know its ridiculous but every time I run into a prius they drive like turtles. And when a passing lane comes up they think they are driving a corvette or something. I ran into one the other day at a street light, mistake 1 he tries to get me out of the hole:confused and fails:eek: then when we get to a passing lane he floors it and tries to pass me. Are all sloyota owners this way??:confused. It just seems like hybrid owners think they are better than non hybrid owners. Maybe its where I live. Kauai HI:lol:
hp envy :confused

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Pruis owners are tools. They think they are helping the envirnment by getting their cars. Yet it has been proven that the Pruis has a higher carbon footprint, due to manufactoring, parts, and shipping, then the typical car.

They discussed it on Top Gear and there is a study that was done. I'll search for it and post if I find.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I will stand buy this forever..... If you really want to save the world you will buy a Geo metro 3 cyl and freshen it up. and i'm welling to throw down srsy money that it would get better gas millage too

This prius idiot tried to speed up and pass me before the merge... I floor it and just own his ass :laugh: I love my daily driver :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
i will admit they have a good amount of torque, from the electric part of the engine. plus how the heck are you supposed to be an offensive driver in one of those?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
This prius idiot tried to speed up and pass me before the merge... I floor it and just own his ass :laugh: I love my daily driver :)
I just can't see myself getting any enjoyment from beating a Prius with my GTO....they're just another of the many annoyances that are out there on the road......

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
A Prius only gets what, 51mpg? I've clocked between 37-39mpg several times on the 2.2 Ecotec in my four door '03 Grand Am. And I haven't even opened up the intake or exhaust yet.

As a side note, my dad had a 91 Ford Festiva L (1.3L 4cyl, 5 speed hatchback) that was getting him 48mpg after pulling the cat & muffler. With 160,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
My daily driver is not my GTO
Neither is mine, that wasn't my point. I couldn't get much enjoyment from beating a Prius....with any car, period. That's me. It's okay if you do........:cheers

·
Registered
738 Posts
Neither is mine, that wasn't my point. I couldn't get much enjoyment from beating a Prius....with any car, period. That's me. It's okay if you do........:cheers
I wouldn't call it enjoyment....I mean srsly How did the guy expect to overtake me???? it was more of a stupidity/funny story, If they guy knew his rules of the road would have not have done that. (And I really did not want to be stuck behind that ugly car for the next ten miles:lol:)

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I took enjoyment from taking down a newer Corolla with my Grand Am the other day. Especially because I did it with a trunk full of groceries. The guy had a fart pipe and was reving it at the light... I couldn't resist.:willy:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I've had the same issues in MD, so its just not confined to HI. Had one next to me at a light once (where one lane ended about a quarter mile beyond) and did just a normal take off, slowly rowing thru the gears up to 4th before easing into 6th. I was lugging along at the 55 mph limit and started to settle in on my single lane highway cruise and was about a mile or so down the road, when I spied the Prius taking a down hill run at me... WTF? Every time one has gotten in front of me they slow down and drive me to the point I want to chew on my steering wheel....

You can to some degree if your loping along (like I was) and spot the Prius over the line in the oncoming lane and accelerate away from him with out down shifting (like I did). I hung him out there by not letting him get past my front fender as the goat responded from idle in overdrive to negate the ill thought out challenge from that POS. Call it HP envy or hybrid owners secretly out to save the world from evil V8 owners, but that dude was pissed flippin me off as he began to fade back knowing his ride didn't have any more to give.... Lol, I simply waved bye-bye to him and chuckled deciding to do 60 now instead of 55....

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hate prius drivers. The other day I was cruising on the I-5 in no particular rush, and a prius flew by around 85mph I think. I was bewildered, and the guy was looking at my car as he drove past. Honestly, it never occured to me that the little turtles could even muster up that kind of speed. Than roughly about 5 minutes later, I got stuck behind some frumpy bastard driving 55 in a 65 zone, in his prius drinking a Starbucks coffee, in a business suit with his pinky out. Unbelievable. Regardless, it's horsepower envy.
Now how many rice-rocketeers do you encounter in a day that think they can take your goat?! Apparently adding the fart can makes you fast and furious, if it has one it'll add 2,000 hp. It's tiring seeing the pimply faced chodes revving their engines to see if you can pull against them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Most of them here in OC drive fast, never had one try to beat me outta the hole before though...

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Fun thing to do is kick any ricer with my 3/4 ton duramaxx pick up that weighs 7500lbs. Tree huggers get mad when you really smoke'em out.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I always go out of my way to floor it near them or atleast rev and let them know I negative everything they tried to do :) I think there was an artile out a year back or so saying the Preuis is actually worse for the envirnment then american V8s due to the refining process and shipping of the car and battery.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I pass a Prius nearly every day on the way to work. I really get no satisfaction during the warm months when I'm driving my GTO, other than knowing that I don't have to look at the ugly ass end of the thing after getting buy. But right now I'm driving my Honda Prelude winter beater, and there is a little satisfaction when I pass anything with that.:lol:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts