Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
? The anti-freeze is leaking out in a big gush? Or there's a leak when the car is going fast?

I don't know how to tell if its the 2nd one, but my garage floor is clean as a whistle, nothing is leaking at all.

---Larry

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LarryM said:
? The anti-freeze is leaking out in a big gush? Or there's a leak when the car is going fast?

I don't know how to tell if its the 2nd one, but my garage floor is clean as a whistle, nothing is leaking at all.

---Larry
Thank you. It seems to be leaking and smokes from under the hood when i exit off the freeway, i usually do 80 to 85.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Best get that car into the dealer there.

---Larry

ps. you'd get better response if you posted to the general, or technical forum within this site. I just happened to notice your query here in the test forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
coolant leak

I had this same issue. Please have a dealer check all coolant lines. My 04 Goat had a faulty/bad line right at a clamp spot. Therefore, coolant was being forced our under acceleration.

They should be able to find it easily with a leak test.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
leaking antifreeze

Hey Jon: Yeah the dealer checked it out and mine did have a faulty line also. So they did replace it. I'm glad they found the problem. They detailed the car and filled up the tank just for my trouble which was cool. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts