Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I was curious to know if anyone has been having problems with the dealer stalling on the installation of the SAP (Sports Appearance Package). I purchased my car the 26th of Feb. and have yet to get the package installed. They have the package, but are saying they need more time to figure out how to install it and how many man hours it will take (Thier words not mine). When I bought my car I even asked if they had installed one before and if they had a body shop on site to do it. I guess you can never truely believe the sales people.
Has anyone had this much trouble? I mean you think I am asking them to change the entire car.

If you ahve any suggestions what to do I would be very interested in hearing them. Thanks in advance.

H
2005 6M Cyclone Gray GTO
Northern California

·
Registered
22 Posts
Man you soooo need to pull the plug on those guys.....I wouldnt want them trying this out on my car.....The fact is that some dealers although may have great service...and mechanics they may not have the auto body expertise. I live in the east bay and bought my car from Fremont Pontiac....they have great service ...but they are not really a customiser...in fact they refered me to DMS a divison of the Dublin Pontiac dealer. They do it all super-charges and all..I havent had them do any work for me but I hear they are the place to go http://community.webshots.com/album/130299542ZpEFMU hope this helps

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Wow, I've never heard this before! I stock one of the 05 SAP's we've installed a couple of these and it is NOT difficult at all!!! The only problem you have is it's a good idea to blend in the quarter panels and front bumper so that the paint doesn't look different but besides that it is FAR from being that hard to install. If I were you I would talk to the general sales manager and press the issue, tell them that if they need to sublet it to a collision center other than theirs then they need to do that otherwise go elsewhere!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks GTO Dealer (By the way I was in Dallas last weekend and I could not find your dealership anywhere). Since you work in the "dealership field" what kind of recourse can I take? Everything is bought and paid for. Do I ask for the parts myself and take them else where to be installed? Then pay for the install again? Thank you for your response.

H

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Norcal9 said:
Thanks GTO Dealer (By the way I was in Dallas last weekend and I could not find your dealership anywhere). Since you work in the "dealership field" what kind of recourse can I take? Everything is bought and paid for. Do I ask for the parts myself and take them else where to be installed? Then pay for the install again? Thank you for your response.

H
Just a heads up, we are in Ft. Worth, propably why you couldn't find us.(sorry) Anyway, I would tell them to install it or show you the invoice where you paid and make them reimburse you the labor and take the part to a place that will install it! Make sure they didn't paint it and if they did get them to reimburse you for that too. You are propably going to have to get nasty with these people, but they will give! If you have any furthur questions yell at me and I'll get back with you!! :cheers

G

·
GTODEALER said:
Just a heads up, we are in Ft. Worth, propably why you couldn't find us.(sorry) Anyway, I would tell them to install it or show you the invoice where you paid and make them reimburse you the labor and take the part to a place that will install it! Make sure they didn't paint it and if they did get them to reimburse you for that too. You are propably going to have to get nasty with these people, but they will give! If you have any furthur questions yell at me and I'll get back with you!! :cheers

ya steve knows how to get STUFF done hes :cheers :cheers wa up steve :party:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.