Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just buttoned up the install, and holy sh#%t is this car fast!!!!!!!!!! I can't dyno the car till tomorrow and I will post pics and dyno results on monday.
BTW I just dynoed my car and with slp long tubes w/cats, loudmouth cat back, maf, 2002 Z06 cam (.525 lift @ 117.5 lobe sep.) NOT TUNED, and a slipping clutch- 341 h.p. 325 ft lbs tqe!!!!!!!!! Need tune and a different cam, with spray looking at 500 @ wheels......... hopefully?!? :cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
Be sure to post a nice big pic of the before/after dyno run. I want to see not just peak numbers but how the shape of the torque curve changes.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know where the pic is but I have the sheet in front of me, Procharged GTO made 455.2 h.p. and 412.7 tq to rear wheels with NOTHING ELSE DONE BUT S/C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
anybody have problems with super charging such a high compression ratio engine???????? 10.5 to 1 with 7 lbs of boost, that has to be getting that head psi way up there for a non o ringed block?????? :cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
i dont doubt it makes power i am just concerened about reliability, i am looking for about 500 hp[crank] and realize the pro charger is the ez way to go,and is probaly the best s/c out there, but pushing out a head gasket seems very possible with that kind of head pressure on a stock engine?? :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand your concerns, however, I spoke with Procharger many times before deciding to go with them and they assured me that there are no problems with this kit, if you want you can PM me and I'll give you there tech line so you can talk to their people. I am very impressed with the numbers it put up, the driveablity, and the calm demeanor until you push the loud pedal and stomp the guys ass next to you!!! :cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
GTODEALER said:
I understand your concerns, however, I spoke with Procharger many times before deciding to go with them and they assured me that there are no problems with this kit, if you want you can PM me and I'll give you there tech line so you can talk to their people. I am very impressed with the numbers it put up, the driveablity, and the calm demeanor until you push the loud pedal and stomp the guys ass next to you!!! :cheers
One of the long term thoughts I've had is to design a combo specifcally for supercharging. Starting with an iron 6.0 block from a truck, going with AFR(?) heads, 4" forged crank, forged rods and pistons with a lower compression ratio (say 8-9:1). Of course, all the other bits would be upgraded (cam, injectors, pump, full exhaust, etc... Then I would want to put on a supercharger with much higher boost and get some serious power that way. (of course, I'd upgrade the rest of the drivetrain to handle the extra power...)

How easy is it to get a Procharger to put out more boost for an application like that? Just a pulley swap? How much boost can they put out safely? So long as it's more than I want to run, I'd be happy.

The goal would be in the 600+ HP range with enough strength to be reliable for the most part.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i spoke with them as well and they said no problems have been reported. i also spoke to them a couple years ago about a s/c for a stang,and the told me the same... and i blew a head gasket 5000 miles later????replaced it and 400 miles later blew the other side!!!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
derf said:
One of the long term thoughts I've had is to design a combo specifcally for supercharging. Starting with an iron 6.0 block from a truck, going with AFR(?) heads, 4" forged crank, forged rods and pistons with a lower compression ratio (say 8-9:1). Of course, all the other bits would be upgraded (cam, injectors, pump, full exhaust, etc... Then I would want to put on a supercharger with much higher boost and get some serious power that way. (of course, I'd upgrade the rest of the drivetrain to handle the extra power...)

How easy is it to get a Procharger to put out more boost for an application like that? Just a pulley swap? How much boost can they put out safely? So long as it's more than I want to run, I'd be happy.

The goal would be in the 600+ HP range with enough strength to be reliable for the most part.
I already have a complete 6.0 out of a truck and that is my next project, I'm going to try all motor with a compression ratio of around 10.5 : 1 and if that isnt enough then I'll put the bottle on it. Do you know of anyone who makes a 427 stroker for the 6.0? To answer you question, I would recommend the D1sc Procharger to push that much air, your pretty much maxing the p1sc at 600 + hp. :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
flht3 said:
i spoke with them as well and they said no problems have been reported. i also spoke to them a couple years ago about a s/c for a stang,and the told me the same... and i blew a head gasket 5000 miles later????replaced it and 400 miles later blew the other side!!!
I completely understand your concern, (who wants to blow up a motor on a $30k car!!), technology has changed a lot in the last couple of years. Procharger has a 3yr/36k mile warranty available that covers anything their s/c screws up!!! :cheers

·
Registered
267 Posts
does there warrenty cover labor???because i dont want a 30.00 gasket set if it blows.i dont mean to be sinicial but have been burnt before :cheers

·
Registered
106 Posts
bigb76180 said:
derf, I sent you the dyno pic, see if you can host it :cheers I also have some install pics, let me know
It didn't come through to my work address. I'll catch it on the home address tonight and try posting it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.