Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between original program built Judge and/or pattern judge? Are they one in the same? How could one determine what each one is? Are there indicators? Thanks!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think they are the same.
Heres a good thread describing the pattern Judges. It gets into invoice numbers, plant production dates, etc.

In short the following options were on all pattern Judges;

Hardtops only all with CR (no Vinyl top), black or parchment buckets with the following options...
All Pattern cars had the following 10 options...Judge, PDB, power steering, console, rallye gauges with clock, AM radio, deluxe belts with front shoulder, soft ray (all windows), remote mirror and Safe-T-Track (HD or regular duty if AC)
Pattern cars could have the M13 (no charge), the M20 or the M40.
Hood tach was present on all cars except if equipped with M40
AC was optional on all transmissions and it changed the HD STT to regular duty due to 3.23 axle ratio
all pattern cars will have 11, 12 or 13 options

From the POCI Smoke Signals Magazine

Judge Data (3).jpg

If you have your PHS documents it should fairly easy to determine if you have a 'Pattern" Judge

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting stuff, thank you for sharing. Mine is an early '69 Judge, definitely not a pattern car but possibly part of the second 1000 based on the build date of 02D and the article. Mine was built in a narrow window where no dash emblem or glovebox emblem was installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts