Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been waiting for years and finally broke down and bought one. I am now a proud owner of a 1966 Lemans. It has a 67 400 GTO Tripower in it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
66 Lemans is what got me all started in to these cars. It is getting where the mid 60's Lemans/ Tempest car guy's here are starting to out number the GTO's of that year.:cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi, and welcome. I'm sort of the reverse of you. My '67 GTO has a 389-4V from a '66 Bonneville.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Welcome to the fun...........nice looking avatar....:D

I don't think the Tempest/LeMans crowd will outnumber the GTO's but it's nice to see them maintained in their original form.

Maybe you and Mikesan can trade engines....:lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are a few pics. These are from the craigs list pics. Its been too rainy and no sun to get some pics of my own. Suposed to be nice out this weekend. Plan on taking a lot of pics.

Attachments

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Get the PHS docs for that car. If it was a factory 4 speed, it might have come with an HO 326 also. That would make it far more rare than a GTO...:cheers

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I agree. Super nice car, and has the console and optional walnut shift knob, too. Black with red interior....what a plus! My instinct says it was probably a 326 HO car to begin with....a very nice LeMans, indeed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The seller did say it was a factory 4 speed. I will have to find the docs for the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts