Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally pulled the trigger tonight on an 06 PBM/Red M6 with 18" rims tonight
Had to drive over 100 miles to get the car but the trip was worth it,I found the sticker for the car online last week and called the dealership to see if the car was there....it wasn't ,but they called me back last night and said it had just arrived so off I went early this morning
I went over the paint with a fine tooth comb before I would even go in and sit down with the internet sales manager....no defects and the new tails look terrific on the black.........I'll post pics tomorrow

On the way to the dealer with the PBM car I passed another Pontiac dealer who had several 06's sitting there so I stopped,most were autos and I almost made a deal on an IBM/blue,that color combo is gorgeous,also looked at the new Orange and Spice but neither did much for me,

Anyway I think I did alright on the price $31400..... $200 over invoice with the 18"rims(they started at $31700 and I countered with $31200) and when I got home I found a dealer installed sticker inside the car listing a $499 appearance pckg (paint sealant or something I guess)the salesman never mentioned it

In all the haste I forgot to check for the security card and sure enough its not in the car...... oh well

now I need to call the 2 other dealerships that I left deposits with ,and get my checks back so I can start buying mods

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!! Had mine a year and every drive is as fun as the first! :party: :party: Damn,I thought I would beat mike on the first reply!! lol :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Congrats!!! :cheers
Welcome to the family :party:
Hahaha It's a one in a million chance you'll ever beet Big Mike from being the first responder to a post, he told me a couple of days ago he sits in front of the computer watching T.V. and clicking the "Refresh" button over and over

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vedli said:
So who did you have to shoot for this price?? .. :rofl: :willy: :party:
I didn't have to shoot anyone for the price a mere headlock on the sales manager did the trick,you would be suprised at what a guy in a chokehold will agree to.......actually I did all the negotiation over the internet before I left the house,I was shocked that they accepted my offer since they only had received 1 06 GTO and it was sitting inside the dealership on display but I made sure that I did include in the final email that if they accepted my offer I would be over that day to sign away
Check this out.. on the way over when I stopped at that other dealer(in Orlando) I asked the salesperson who was badgering me if I could get a brochure for the 06 goat and he said that they were only for "BUYING" customers,he said they were very expensive
I thought GM paid for the brochures and sent them to dealers to give to "prospective" buyers
anyway I did get a brochure with my car so all is good

·
Registered
188 Posts
Jeffs386 said:
Check this out.. on the way over when I stopped at that other dealer(in Orlando) I asked the salesperson who was badgering me if I could get a brochure for the 06 goat and he said that they were only for "BUYING" customers,he said they were very expensive
I thought GM paid for the brochures and sent them to dealers to give to "prospective" buyers
anyway I did get a brochure with my car so all is good
I ordered a brochure at the Pontiac web site for the '06, and all they sent was a one page deal with a Torrid Red '06 on one side and "Select Specifications" on the other side.

Looking at the brochure for my '05, I can see that they probably are rather expensive to make.

They did send a nice, complete brochure for the Solstice, however. :cheers

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also ordered one of those 1 page brochures at the last auto show,the envelope it arrived in was cool
you know I saw a Solstice at a dealer yesterday and they had added $4000 to the sticker price..LOL

G

·
hell, I can stop by the dealer tomorrow and pick up a handful of brochures for anything you want! Down here in Hoodbridge, VA, they dont give a hoot.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Jeffs386 said:
you know I saw a Solstice at a dealer yesterday and they had added $4000 to the sticker price..LOL
That's one reason I have an '06 Miata on order instead of the Solstice. I am able to get it under Mazda's S-Plan price (invoice).

From what I have read and looking at pictures, the Solstice seems like a nice sports car. But, I was afraid dealers would be asking over the MSRP since it's the first year and limited production.
:)

G

·
one should also make sure they even FIT into a vehicle before purchasing it.

Here is whats f'd up. The Solstice I DO NOT fit into. But yet, the Miata has plenty of room for me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.