Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the correct factory paint for the cast iron pulley that bolts to the harmonic balancer? Should it be eggshell blue, semi flat black, or gloss black? Also, on the water pump pulley, semi flat or gloss black??

Thanks!
Mike

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
Hey Mike,

On my 66 and 67 the hb pulley is the same as the engine color, the wp pulley is 60% gloss black. I'll check my resto manual for 65 tomorrow and if it's different I'll post what it should be.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks. Even tho' I had GTOs as a kid, we didn't care about originality back then and finding resto info today is tough. I have the 1964-1972 Restoration Guide by Zazarine and Roberts, but I've found nothing for Pontiacs that comes even remotely close to the NCRS resources available to the Vette set. (Maybe that is a blessing.....) Do you have any recommendations? That said, can I push my luck and ask ya if the alternator straps/brackets should also be 60% black or are they also eggshell blue?

Cheers n' gears//Mike

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
60% black on the alternator brackets for 66 and 67, I'm pretty sure 65 is the same.

I'll see if I can find the resource I used when I did the engine, I thought it was the same guide that you have, But I could not find it in that book either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts